Friday, March 10, 2017

Enrollment Numbers are Out.

Written Friday March 10th at 10:00 AM

The MHSAA released their enrollment numbers for the 2017-2018 school year and the numbers of some of them are mind-boggling.

Macomb Dakota ranks the highest in enrollment in the State of Michigan but Clarkston will have the most kids in the league. Here is the list of enrollments in the league.

Clarkston 2603
Troy 2422
Orion 2393
Southfield Arts and Tech 2345
Oxford 2171
Troy Athens 2026
West Bloomfield 1990
Bloomfield Hills 1842
Rochester 1705
Stoney Creek 1643
Adams 1626
Oak Park 1395
Seaholm 1367
Berkley 1357
Royal Oak 1332
Groves 1300
North Farmington 1249
Farmington 1177
Avondale 1033
Harrison 1030
Hazel Park 889
Pontiac 848
Ferndale 741 *

* with Ferndale U 1180


Note that Ferndale and Ferndale University for football combined their numbers which is why when the Eagles made the playoffs, they were in Division Two because of the combined enrollment.

The most shocking will be Pontiac. The Phoenix will drop to Class B with their losses in enrollment starting when the MHSAA releases their districts or regional this upcoming June for Volleyball and Basketball. Pontiac will no longer be in Class A, they will join Ferndale in Class B. The rest of the schools including (Hazel Park) will be Class A. The maximum for Class A is 880.

The new enrollment when it comes to football shows a clear divider line between Divisions One and Two when you look at Adams and Oak Park’s enrollment numbers for the new year. There is your divider line. The divider line for classes are with Harrison and Hazel Park.

All numbers were calculated by the MHSAA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.