Friday, March 24, 2017

Boys State Semifinal Recap.

Written Friday March 24th at 3:00 PM
Updated Friday March 24th at 5:00 PM

Foster Loyer has already put up a show for the Clarkston Wolves.

Loyer had 32 points on 10 of 17 shooting from the field in a stunning 78-35 victory for Clarkston over the West Bloomfield Lakers in a battle of Red rivals in the State Semifinals at the Breslin Center on the campus of Michigan State.

The Wolves will head to the Class A State Final for the first time ever on Saturday against Grand Rapids Christian at noon.

Clarkston has not met Grand Rapids Christian this season.

What made this more impressing is Clarkston shot 57 percent from the field the entire game. West Bloomfield shot only 22 percent from the field the entire game.

Clarkston will be the second OAA team in the State Final the last two seasons, North Farmington went to the State Finals last season.

Dylan Alderson had 27 points, and Taylor Currie had 10 points, 16 rebounds, and three blocks for the Wolves.

Kevin McAdoo had 22 points and Tyler Davis had eight points for the Lakers.

Clarkston shot 58 percent from the field and had a dominant first half outscoring West Bloomfield 42-24 in that span.

The Lakers only scored 11 points the rest of the way while the Wolves scored 36 points.

Clarkston is now 26-1 on the season with wins in the tournament over Waterford Mott, Orion, Waterford Kettering, Macomb Dakota, Stoney Creek, Saginaw and now the Lakers.

West Bloomfield finished its season at 17-9 but they did have a special run in the tournament that went through Farmington, Orchard Lake St. Marys, Howell, Novi, and Troy.

Thoughts.

Clarkston looked dominant, shooting 58 percent from the field in the first half. West Bloomfield really did not have a chance in this game, especially when your opponent shoots 68 percent from the field in the first quarter.

Loyer and Alderson played like Division One recruits scoring 59 of the Wolves 78 points. Loyer will be a Michigan State Spartan in two years while Alderson will be a Milwaukee Panther next season.

The Lakers ran into a buzz saw that is the Wolves.

We’ll see if Clarkston can keep this up on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.