Friday, March 24, 2017

Boys State Semifinal Preview.

Written Friday March 24th at 9:00 AM

The day has come, one Red team will be in the State Final this upcoming Saturday while the other is going home.

The West Bloomfield Lakers will take on the Clarkston Wolves at 1 PM this afternoon at the Breslin Center on the campus of Michigan State University.

It will be the third time these two teams have met this season both games won by Clarkston 59-48 on January 31st and 68-61 on March 28th. West Bloomfield hasn’t been this far since 2003 while Clarkston hasn’t been this far since 2009.

The Lakers bring to the party senior point guard Kevin McAdoo. McAdoo has had big games in this tournament including 40 points against Howell in the Regional Semifinal and 34 in the Regional Final against Novi. He had 23 points in their State Quarterfinal win against Troy.

McAdoo had 36 points in their home loss to Clarkston.

McAdoo is not alone though as West Bloomfield has other players such as Tre Harvey, Garrett Winn, and Tyler Davis among others for coach Jeremy Denha.

The Wolves have been dominant this postseason tournament with their closest victories being by 20 points, 68-48 over Macomb Dakota in the Regional Semifinal, 56-36 over Stoney Creek in the Regional Final, and 70-50 over Saginaw in the State Quarterfinal.

Clarkston is led by point guard Foster Loyer. Loyer had 27 points in their State Quarterfinal game against Saginaw. Dylan Alderson had 21 points and CJ Robinson had 13 points in that game against the Trojans. Alderson had 29 points in the Regional Final against Stoney Creek. The Wolves Big Three have been key players this postseason tournament. Loyer, who is a junior is also a Michigan State commit, Robinson is a junior, and Alderson is a senior and a Milwaukee commit for coach Dan Fife.

The winner of this game will take on either Grand Rapids Christian or Romulus in the State Final on Saturday. I will post the recap of the game and preview the State Final on the blog later tonight.

PICK: It’s hard to beat a team three times in one season. I think this will be a great game between the two teams. I think Grand Rapids Christian will beat Romulus in the second State Semifinal in a tight game. This match-up between Clarkston and West Bloomfield will be a great game but in the end of the day it will be the Wolves that will be moving on. PICK: CLARKSTON.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.