Friday, October 14, 2016

Week Eight Recap.

Written Saturday October 15th at 1:10 AM



INSIDE THE OAA TOP 10:

1. Groves
2. Oak Park
3. Clarkston
4. Bloomfield Hills
5. Adams
6. Ferndale
7. Southfield Arts and Tech
8. Rochester
9. Orion
10. Berkley

Scores:
CLARKSTON 45, ORION 16.
BLOOMFIELD HILLS 42, BERKLEY 16.
HARRISON 2, NORTH FARMINGTON 0.
SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH 35, OXFORD 20.
WEST BLOOMFIELD 45, TROY ATHENS 21.
ADAMS 24, STONEY CREEK 6.
OAK PARK 34, SEAHOLM 15.
GROVES 46, FARMINGTON 0.
TROY 28, PONTIAC 9.
ROCHESTER 48, HAZEL PARK 18.
FERNDALE 29, ROYAL OAK 28.
AVONDALE 42, Madison Heights Lamphere 6.

Standings:

Red:
Clarkston 5-1, 6-2
Southfield Arts and Tech: 5-1, 5-3
Orion:  4-2, 5-3
West Bloomfield: 4-2, 4-4
Oxford 2-4, 4-4
Stoney Creek 1-5, 1-7
Troy Athens 0-6, 1-7

White:
Groves 6-0, 8-0
Oak Park 5-1, 6-2
Adams 4-2, 6-2
Harrison 3-3, 4-4
Seaholm 2-4, 2-6
Farmington 1-5, 1-7
North Farmington 0-6, 0-8

Blue:
Bloomfield Hills 6-0, 8-0
Ferndale 4-2, 6-2
Rochester 4-2, 5-3
Berkley 4-2, 5-3
Troy 3-3, 3-5
Avondale 2-4, 3-5
Hazel Park 2-4, 2-6
Royal Oak 2-4, 2-6
Pontiac 0-6, 0-8

BIG WIN: Bloomfield Hills: The Blackhawks got themselves their first league title in school history when they destroyed the Berkley Bears 42-16 on Friday night. Bloomfield Hills had a balanced offensive attack and was consistent all night. The Blackhawks are still undefeated but a big test awaits them next week in the form of Orion coming to town.

TOUGH LOSS: Royal Oak: The Ravens lost a tough one to Ferndale on Friday night. The Eagles clinched their first playoff appearance since 2008 by beating Royal Oak 29-28. Royal Oak has had a bad season thus far but this makes it hard here to watch if you are a Ravens fan this season.

TEAM THAT NEEDS A HUG: Oxford: It’s been a long season for the Wildcats but they lost 35-20 to Southfield Arts and Tech. The Warriors played a backup quarterback in the game thus making it harder for Oxford to do well. Southfield Arts and Tech has a big one next week when they host Oak Park.

WHAT HAPPENED: Orion: Well the Dragons were a turnover machine in their 45-16 homecoming defeat at the hands of Clarkston. Orion did not take care of the football and had three fumbles and a pick six against them all in the first half. The Dragons defense was just awful as well, letting JT King and Michael Fleugel control the game and tempo. Orion has now dug themselves into a deep hole as they have to travel to Bloomfield Hills next week to play the undefeated Blackhawks.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME: Well when I look at Avondale, the Yellow Jackets have won three straight games but imagine if they would had won the Rochester, Troy, or the New Boston Huron game??? Then this is a five or six-win team if you look at it with Avondale. Should of, could of, would of fits the bill of the Yellow Jackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.