Sunday, October 9, 2016

Maples Girls Basketball Takes a Major Hit.

Written Sunday October 9th at 10:55 PM

The Maples have taken a hit before the Girls Basketball season has already started.

According to an accurate source, Seaholm senior point guard Mackenzie Harbort is out until February recovering from an ACL injury she suffered this summer while playing AAU basketball for the Michigan Storm.

Harbort averaged 17.5 points per game last season and was mentioned to be a potential All State player this season for the Maples.

Seaholm has a brutal non-league schedule with games against Groves, Clarkston, Waterford Mott, Royal Oak, North Farmington, and Stoney Creek.

I don’t know what impact the Harbort injury will have on the Blue for Seaholm but they have tough league games against Rochester, Troy, and Troy Athens. If Harbort returns for districts in which it is possible that she will be back, the Maples are in a tough district at Troy with  Groves, Birmingham Marian, Troy, and Avondale. We don’t know if she will be 100 percent or not.

This is a monstrous loss for coach January Hladki and her team until February. Expect Seaholm to lean heavily on Caroline Owens, Dana Hoerman, and Wendy Wilkerson to carry the load until Harbort gets back this season.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest developments on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.