Sunday, October 30, 2016

Red Hawks Going to the State Finals.

Written Thursday November 3rd at 12:00 AM

The Troy Athens Red Hawks is heading to the State Finals for Boys Soccer.

Troy Athens had to overcome another set of penalty kicks except this was a different opponent in the Rochester Falcons at Troy on Wednesday night.

Fresh off winning a re-do penalty kick regional final against Macomb Dakota at home, the Red Hawks defeated the Falcons 2-1 in penalties sending them to a matchup with East Kentwood at Grand Rapids Comstock Park at 3 PM on Saturday.

Troy Athens trailed 1-0 until the 30 minute mark in the second half. The Red Hawks got a huge goal sending the game into overtime. The Red Hawks dominated the second half but the Falcons dominated the overtime periods.

Troy Athens defeated Rochester in penalty kicks 5-3.

If the Red Hawks can defeat the East Kentwood Falcons then it would be their first State title since 1997.

The Falcons finished the year at 15-4-5 while the Red Hawks right now sit at 19-4-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.