Saturday, October 29, 2016

Quarterback Controversy at Southfield Arts and Tech???

Written Saturday October 29th at 10:15 AM

The Warriors could be in the midst of a quarterback controversy???

In their game on Friday night against Warren Mott at Sterling Heights, Southfield Arts and Tech coach Tim Conley made the decision to bench Sam Johnson III and go with John Darby for the rest of the game.

Johnson was ineffective most of the night against a good Warren Mott defense. There were times in the game that the Warriors trailed by 14 on two different occasions.

When Darby played quarterback Southfield Arts and Tech battled back.

Darby led the Warriors to two touchdowns and the drive to set up their game winning field goal sending Southfield Arts and Tech to their first playoff victory 24-23 over the Marauders.

The Warriors will host West Bloomfield next weekend for a district title in a rematch that was won by Southfield Arts and Tech 33-14 in Week Six.

Darby whom is a junior has spent time at wide receiver before switching to quarterback had led Southfield Arts and Tech in the past two weeks with wins over Oxford and Stoney Creek while Johnson has been injured nursing injuries. 

Johnson only a sophomore has gotten a ton of attention since coming to Southfield from Detroit with his YouTube hype and play-making skills. He led Southfield High to the playoffs last season losing to Berkley in the district finals.

The Warriors have a question now heading into next week’s game with West Bloomfield, who will be their starting quarterback, Johnson or Darby. Johnson has been the starter all season until he got hurt then Darby took over and got them into the playoffs.

That decision will be up to Conley and his staff to figure out.

We shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.