Thursday, June 17, 2021

Girls Soccer State Finals Preview.

Written Thursday June 17th at 2:00 PM

The Troy Athens Red Hawks are back in the Girls Soccer Division One State Finals for the first time in 21 years after beating Ann Arbor Skyline at Troy 2-0 on Wednesday evening.

Troy Athens will play Hartland  at 4 PM on Saturday at Michigan State.

The Eagles are coming off a 3-2 win over Grand Rapids Forest Hills at Lansing Holt on Wednesday evening. Hartland needed two goals in the second half to get to this game.

It will be very interesting to see how the Red Hawks match up with the Eagles. Both teams are big and have size. Also both teams are good defensively and time of possession as well.

PREDICTION

Troy Athens has been the State's top ranked team all season long. They have wins over Ann Arbor Skyline, Romeo, and New Baltimore Anchor Bay. Hartland has earned their way here with wins over Novi, Grand Rapids Forest Hills and Lake Orion. I think the Red Hawks are on a mission. If Troy Athens can win this game it will bring the OAA their fifth state title in the 2020-2021 school year  (West Bloomfield-Football, Bloomfield Hills- Girls Tennis, Seaholm- Girls Swimming and Diving, Adams- Cheerleading.) PICK: TROY ATHENS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.