Saturday, June 5, 2021

Baseball Regional Preview.

Written Sunday June 6th at 12:40 AM

Here are my thoughts heading into the Super Regionals for Baseball.

Regional Semifinal 15

STONEY CREEK vs Waterford Kettering @ Adams

The Cougars have made a ton of noise all season long which makes them an interesting team to go deep into the postseason. Waterford Kettering needed to hold off Avondale in the district semifinals and Troy in the district finals at Waterford Mott just to get to the regionals. Stoney Creek just played at Adams in the districts with wins over Adams, Romeo, and Utica Eisenhower so they know the field pretty well. The winner would go to Port Huron and play Warren De LaSalle or Grosse Pointe North in the regional finals. This should be an interesting matchup to say the least. 

PROJECTED REGIONAL FINAL MATCHUP/PROJECTION: I'm seeing this being a Stoney Creek vs Warren De LaSalle regional finals. I think the Cougars have a great shot to get to the quarterfinals but things have to go right for them but for sure I see a long playoff run for Stoney Creek. PICK: STONEY CREEK.

 

Regional Semifinal 12

GROVES vs Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit @ Royal Oak

This is a golden opportunity for the Falcons to make more noise after winning their first district crown since 2016. They beat Berkley and Warren Mott by a combined 20-4 in the district semifinals and district finals to get to this regional. Groves plays Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit in Royal Oak. The Falcons were in Royal Oak for their district this past weekend. The Cubs really wasn't tested in their district. They outscored Southfield Arts and Tech and Detroit Renaissance by a combined 28-3 in the district semifinals and district finals on their home field. The winner should have a very favorable matchup in the regional final against Detroit Western or Westland John Glenn at Livonia Stevenson. If the Falcons were to win this regional then they could see Birmingham Brother Rice or Livonia Stevenson in the quarterfinals. I think this is a golden opportunity as mentioned for Groves to make some noise. 

PROJECTED REGIONAL FINAL MATCHUP/PROJECTION: I'm really seeing a Groves vs Westland John Glenn regional final at Livonia Stevenson. Like I said I think this is the Falcons time to shine. Groves has paid their dues to get to this point and they should be ready to enjoy the moment. PICK: GROVES. 

My Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-06-07-21wav

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.