Thursday, September 17, 2015

Highlanders Get Top Notch Player in Smith.

Written Thursday September 17th at 11:00 PM

Looks like Taylor Smith will be taking her talents to Rochester for her Senior season.

According to reports, Smith has left Linden and has already enrolled at Adams High School. She is expected to play for the Highlanders this November. Smith was an all Flint-Metro League player in the last two seasons.

Smith whom is a very talented guard has a relationship with Maggie Rogers. Both were teammates on the AAU's Michigan Storm team this summer. She is known for her penetration and attacks the basket to get to the free throw line. Smith is a very good free throw shooter and will make Rogers a better player and a better threat on the court.

Smith has had five 20 point games and 13 of her 21 games she went at or over 15 points. She averaged 16.3 points per game last season for the Eagles. Smith spent two seasons for the Eagles totaling 554 total points. She played her freshman season at Lake Fenton.

The only OAA team who knows Smith is Orion. Smith had 18 points against the Dragons in a 43-40 loss last December. Her new team will play at Orion on January 29th.

Smith will likely be the starting point guard for coach Shay Lewis with Rogers at the shooting guard spot while Ryian Owusu will play small forward and Olivia Aregros will play power forward.

Adams will open the season on December 2nd at Macomb Dakota. The Highlanders are in the Red and will play their first league game on January 7th at Clarkston.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.