Sunday, April 18, 2021

Updated Top Five Spring Sports Rankings.

Written Sunday April 18th at 7:00 PM

Updated Monday April 26th at 12:10 AM

Hello everybody, I did the best I can when looking at the top five teams for spring sports. I don't have tennis or water polo as of yet. Anyway here they are.

Baseball.

1. West Bloomfield: Lakers have been rolling lately.

2. Stoney Creek: Cougars cracked the State rankings at 15 this week.

3. North Farmington: Raiders got Ryan Shelby back from quarantine. Should be fresh and ready to go.

4. Lake Orion: Dragons are young and getting better each day.

T-5. Oxford: Wildcats non league has me worried right now.

T-5. Groves: Falcons are off to a strong start.


Softball.

1. Stoney Creek: Cougars haven't missed a beat.

2. Clarkston: Wolves have been an odd team to figure out lately.

3. Rochester: Falcons are an interesting team to watch but defense remains a concern.

4. Bloomfield Hills: Blackhawks seem to be finding their way a bit. 

5. Lake Orion: Dragons haven't been consistent which is a concern.

 

Boys Track.

1. Oak Park: Knights still have the athletes to compete at a high level.

2. Adams: Highlanders have proven they are the best team in the Red.

3. Lake Orion: Dragons had a strong meet at the Oxford Invitational.

4. Farmington: Falcons are balanced and that’s a good thing going forward.

5. Clarkston: Ben Haas has been rolling in the throws.

 

Girls Track.

1. Oak Park: As long as the Knights have athletes they will always be there.

2. Seaholm: Audrey DaDamio will be the key for the Maples all season long.

3. Adams: Highlanders have a ton of balance.

4. Troy: Colts are a dark horse team to watch in the White.

5. Oxford: Wildcats have quietly been putting things together as of late.

 

Girls Soccer.

1. Stoney Creek: Cougars are still the team to beat in the OAA.

2. Rochester: Falcons starting to put it together a bit.

3. Adams: Highlanders have a ton of experience to boot.

4. Lake Orion: Dragons seem to be finding their grove a bit.

5. Oxford: Wildcats have been relying on Mackenzie Methner to carry them as of late.

 

Boys Lacrosse.

1. Birmingham United: Bulldogs are a leg up with their win over Lake Orion a few weeks ago.

2. Lake Orion: Once Kade Manzo comes back the Dragons will be fine.

3. Clarkston: Wolves are always going to be a tough out.

4. Bloomfield Hills: Blackhawks should be an interesting team to watch this season.

5. Adams: Highlanders have been solid year in and year out.

 

Girls Lacrosse.

1. Birmingham United: “To be the team you have to beat the team.” The Bulldogs are that team right now.

2. Bloomfield Hills: 65-6 in the last four games has proven dominance.

3. Clarkston: Wolves are always a tough team.

4. Troy Athens: Red Hawks finding their way a little bit.

5. Lake Orion: Dragons seem to be turning the corner a bit.

 

Boys Golf.

1. Lake Orion: Dragons are still the team to beat.

2. Bloomfield Hills: Blackhawks have had solid programs in the past.

3. Clarkston: Wolves should be an interesting team to watch.

4. Adams: Highlanders were just short of getting to the finals in 2019.

5. Stoney Creek: Cougars are a dark horse.

 

My Podcast-April 19th

https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-41921

My Podcast-April 26th

https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-4-26-21 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.