Wednesday, April 7, 2021

State Semifinal Preview.

Written Wednesday April 7th at 11:35 AM

State Semifinal Preview.

FERNDALE vs Grand Rapids Catholic Central

Ferndale needed double overtime and Jason Drake’s heroics to beat Croswell-Lexington 73-68 in the Division Two State quarterfinals on Tuesday night in Eastpointe.

Drake had 30 points while Treyvon Lewis had 17 points and Jack Kennedy whom was huge had 14 points for the Eagles.

Ferndale trailed by nine at one point and trailed 57-49 after three quarters however the defense tighten up after a very unusual third quarter and held the Pioneers to three points. Eagles coach Juan Rickman had a good strategy for the last two minutes and 30 seconds of the fourth quarter in a 60-60 game when he played the “Princeton” offense but the shot did not go down which the game needed overtime and then some.

Hunter Soper led Croswell-Lexington with 24 points while Tyler Johnson added 16 points.

The Eagles will play Grand Rapids Catholic Central on Thursday afternoon in the Division Two State Semifinals at the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids. The Cougars like Croswell-Lexington comes in unbeaten and they are the top ranked team in Division Two. They beat the second ranked team in Division Two Benton Harbor 83-72 at Calvin College on Tuesday night. They are in their second final four in four years. Grand Rapids Catholic Central features four very talented players in Jorden Brooks, Kaden Brown, Jack Karasinski, and Durral Brooks. Brown had 25 points, Karsinski had 21 points, Jorden Brooks had 14 points, and Durral Brooks had 13 points in that game. The Cougars are well coached under TJ Merriman.

Ferndale will certainly have their hands full for sure in this game. It will also be a de facto road game as well as the game is in Grand Rapids and Van Andel Arena is not too far from Grand Rapids Catholic Central.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.