Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Southfield Arts and Tech Has Their New Football Coach.

Written Wednesday August 7th at 10:15 PM

A new beginning is in store in Southfield.

The Warriors have named their new football coach on Wednesday as confirmed by Jeff Coriun and the D-Zone. Southfield Arts and Tech named Aaron Marshall their new head coach replacing Tim Conley whom was the first coach to coach the Warriors football program. Conley stepped down in January.

Marshall was the offensive coordinator at Southfield Arts and Tech from the very beginning and he brings a ton of experience to the fold.

Marshall’s son Isiah is the starting quarterback for the Warriors. He will also have Daveon Young and Devon Buskin to throw the football and Javin Jones will be on defense to go along with Young and Buskin in the secondary. They also have an experienced line on both sides returning as well according to MIPrepZone's Scott Burnstein.

Southfield Arts and Tech went 3-4 and lost to Sterling Heights Stevenson 19-14 in the district semifinals. The Warriors are 15-21 since their first year in 2016 and 22-24 overall which includes a combined 3-7 vs Lake Orion and Clarkston.

 Thoughts.

Now I know The D Zone’s view of the Marshall hire as a really good hire. It’s a good hire for a few reasons. He’s familiar with the program and he was in house. Marshall was their offensive coordinator under Conley. He is a familiar face within the program especially with his son at quarterback to go along with three very good athletes. I expect there will be some changes surrounding the program. The Warriors lost a ton of talent from last season. They have questions at running back and also up front on both sides of the football despite having experience. Program strength is the major concern at Southfield Arts and Tech as mentioned earlier. They fielded two teams last season and had to quarantine together after a positive case of COVID-19. Depth is another issue surrounding them so that’s another concern because both teams practice together.

Marshall’s hire should make the Warriors better and he is building a pretty good coaching staff but program strength and depth has me worried moving forward for Southfield Arts and Tech program.

It will be interesting to see what happens but there are questions but Marshall’s hire is a good one for Southfield Arts and Tech.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story. 

 

Here is the Tweet confirming the Marshall hire from The D-Zone.

https://twitter.com/TheD_Zone/status/1379935593602375680

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.