Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Clarkston has their new Volleyball Coach.

Written Tuesday April 13th at 11:00 PM

It's a changing of the guard in Clarkston.

The Wolves named Alison Smith as their new volleyball coach confirmed by an accurate source.

Smith takes over for Coach Kelly Pinner whom retired from coaching in January after their run to the Division One State semifinals.

Smith coached at Mount Pleasant and led her Oilers to the State Quarterfinals in 2019 where they lost to Lake Orion in Lapeer. She left the program after that match to be with her husband and current Oakland University assistant Mens Basketball coach Jeff Smith in Clarkston.

Smith coached junior varsity last season for the Wolves. She coached at Mount Pleasant for six years prior to heading to Clarkston.

Clarkston had a deep postseason run which included victories over Holly, Lake Orion, Troy, Utica Eisenhower, and Grand Blanc. They fell to Birmingham Marian in five games in the Division One State semifinals. The Mustangs ended up winning the Division One State title.

Smith will have a loaded program with a ton of rising upcomers and proven experience heading into next season. The Wolves have Skylar Jidas, Elizabeth Adams, and Paige Giethbrock coming back. They also have an incoming freshman whom is solid. Program strength is very good for Clarkston heading into next season.

The Red will not be easy for Smith with the likes of Oxford, Seaholm, Bloomfield Hills, West Bloomfield, Adams, Stoney Creek, and Lake Orion.

Thoughts

I think Smith is a great hire for Clarkston Athletic Director Jeff Kosin. She brings varsity experience coaching in Mount Pleasant and she coached the junior varsity at Clarkston for one season.

Smith is going to bring a ton of energy to the Wolves. I think there will be a transition period early and it has to happen during the season but once everyone is fine tuned to each other then Clarkston should be very good.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

My Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-41921

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.