Thursday, May 23, 2019

Softball District Preview.

Written Thursday May 23rd at 11:00 AM

Here is my insight and predictions heading into the softball districts that affect OAA teams.

District 19 @ Detroit Mercy

Detroit Renaissance vs SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH
Redford Thurston vs OAK PARK

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is not a strong district, give me Detroit Renaissance easily. PICK: DETROIT RENAISSANCE.

District 26 @ Troy Athens

Utica vs TROY ATHENS
AVONDALE vs TROY

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is an interesting district, I think three teams have a shot at winning this district. I’m seeing could be the battle of Troy in the district final. When in doubt in this district trust Athletic Director Bob Dowd and his team sorry coach Tom Calhen. PICK: TROY ATHENS.

District 27 @ Rochester

STONEY CREEK vs ROCHESTER
STONEY CREEK/ROCHESTER vs ADAMS
Utica Eisenhower vs Romeo

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is an interesting district at Rochester. You have the battle of Rochester on one side of the bracket and a Macomb County battle on the other side. I’m seeing a Romeo vs Adams district final with the Bulldogs heading into the next round. PICK: ROMEO.

District 28 @ Oxford

Waterford Mott vs LAKE ORION
Waterford Mott/LAKE ORION vs OXFORD
Waterford Kettering vs CLARKSTON

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This should be an interesting district at Oxford with two State ranked teams (Clarkston 1, Lake Orion 4) and an honorable mention in Waterford Kettering. Whoever wins this district should have a deep playoff run. I would have said that Clarkston easily would win this district earlier in the season however Lake Orion won 7-5 at Clarkston and can play with them even though the Dragons lost the second game in blowout fashion 10-2 but give them a pass there. I see Dragons/Wolves PART III district final. Can Lake Orion beat Clarkston again??? hmm. PICK: LAKE ORION.

District 25 @ Royal Oak

GROVES vs BLOOMFIELD HILLS
GROVES/BLOOMFIELD HILLS vs SEAHOLM
ROYAL OAK vs BERKLEY

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is an interesting district, there is a lot of parity. I think three teams have a shot winning this district even though they are all on one side of the bracket. Whoever wins this district would have earned it but at the end of the day give me the team that wears purple and black. PICK: BLOOMFIELD HILLS.

District 30 @ Farmington

WEST BLOOMFIELD vs FARMINGTON
Farmington Hills Mercy vs NORTH FARMINGTON

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This district is interesting, I think all four teams have great shots to win this district. Farmington has had a decent season. West Bloomfield won the Blue. North Farmington has had a good year but they haven’t been the same team. Farmington Hills Mercy is not the same team they once were. I see the Raiders pulling out a MONSTER upset and meeting Farmington where coach Jeff Simpson will win a softball district. PICK: NORTH FARMINGTON.

District 59 @ Warren Lincoln

FERNDALE vs HAZEL PARK
Warren Fitzgerald vs Warren Lincoln

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: I bashed Hazel Park on “Reaching Higher” on my podcast a few weeks ago. This is not a strong district and I hope the Vikings took my advice if they want to get to that next step and grow as a program before moving out of the OAA this fall. PICK: HAZEL PARK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.