Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Boys Lacrosse Regional Preview.

Written Wednesday May 15th at 7:00 PM

Here is my preview heading into the Boys Lacrosse Regional. I apologize for the seedings.

Region 6 @ Groves

8. Detroit Cass Tech vs 1. Birmingham Brother Rice
5. Grosse Pointe South vs 4. TROY ATHENS
6. Utica Ford vs 3. BIRMINGHAM
7. Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit vs 2. Sterling Heights Stevenson

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This should be a very interesting regional in Beverly Hills with some solid teams in this one. I see Birmingham Brother Rice having no issues with Detroit Cass Tech or Troy Athens and getting there easily. I see an upset with Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit pulling off a big upset over Sterling Heights Stevenson but falling to Birmingham in the next round. It should be a Warriors/Bulldogs regional final with Birmingham Brother Rice moving on. PICK: BIRMINGHAM BROTHER RICE.

Region 4 @ Milford

9. Livonia Stevenson vs 8. WEST BLOOMFIELD
9. Livonia Stevenson/8. WEST BLOOMFIELD vs 1. Novi Detroit Catholic Central
4. Walled Lake Central vs 5. Novi
3. South Lyon vs 6. NORTH FARMINGTON
2. Huron Valley vs 7. Walled Lake Northern

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This should be an interesting regional at Milford. The favorite is Novi Detroit Catholic Central. I don’t see a lot of upsets in this regional but it wouldn’t surprise anyone if there is one. I like the Shamrocks to move on pretty convincingly. PICK: NOVI DETROIT CATHOLIC CENTRAL.

Region 5 @ Clarkston

1. CLARKSTON vs 8. STONEY CREEK
5. Waterford vs 4. OXFORD
3. BLOOMFIELD HILLS vs 6. ROCHESTER
2. ADAMS vs 7. TROY

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be an interesting regional at Clarkston. The favorite is Clarkston after having a resurging season. Bloomfield Hills has the best chance to do some damage in this regional and played Clarkston tough during in the season. I’m seeing a Wolves vs Blackhawks rematch with Clarkston coming out on top again. PICK: CLARKSTON.

Region 7 @ Utica Eisenhower

9. Utica vs 8. Chippewa Valley
9. Utica/8. Chippewa Valley vs 1. LAKE ORION
5. Macomb L’Anse Creuse North vs 4. Romeo
3. Port Huron vs 6. New Baltimore Anchor Bay
2. Macomb Dakota vs 7. Utica Eisenhower

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is an interesting regional but the favorite is Lake Orion. The Dragons have been state ranked all year and has won the OAA Red. I don’t see anyone from Macomb County posing a threat to Lake Orion in this regional. PICK: LAKE ORION.

Region 16 @ Pontiac Notre Dame Prep

8. Bay City Central vs 1. Flint Powers Cathloic
5. Bay City Western vs 4. Swartz Creek
6. Pontiac Notre Dame Prep vs 3. AVONDALE
7. Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood vs 2. Goodrich

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This should be an interesting regional at Pontiac Notre Dame Prep with Flint Powers Catholic having the top seed. I think the team that is most prone to an upset is Goodrich as they will have to deal with a Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood team in the first round. The other upset I’m watching is Avondale as they are playing the hosts in the first round. I think the Fighting Irish have a great chance to get to the regional final and play Flint Powers but at the end of the day I think it will be Flint Powers that moves on. PICK: FLINT POWERS CATHOLIC.

Region 15 @ Warren Cousino

8. Madison Heights Bishop Foley vs 1. Warren De LaSalle
5. St. Clair vs 4. Warren Cousino
6. Grosse Pointe University Liggett vs 3. ROYAL OAK
7. L’Anse vs 2. Grosse Pointe North

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is an interesting regional. The favorite is Warren De LaSalle and they should have no problem getting to the regional final although Warren Cousino could give them some trouble being the hosts. A team I’m watching for an upset is Grosse Pointe University Liggett, they could make some noise and play in a tough conference. I see a Warren De LaSalle vs Grosse Pointe University Liggett regional final with the Pilots moving on. PICK: WARREN DE LASALLE.

Region 14 @ Birmingham Detroit Country Day

5. FARMINGTON vs 4. Ann Arbor Greenhills
5. FARMINGTON/4. Ann Arbor Greenhills vs 1. Birmingham Detroit Country Day
6. Walled Lake Western vs 3. Ann Arbor Father Gabriel Richard
7. Dearborn Divine Child vs 2. Royal Oak Shrine

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is an interesting regional at Birmingham Detroit Country Day. The favorite is the hosts which they are talented and loaded. The most prone for an upset is really no one here in this regional. I think the top seeds will meet each other but watch for a possible Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard upset of Royal Oak Shrine in the regional semifinals. End of the day though I don’t see anyone beating the Yellow Jackets. PICK: BIRMINGHAM DETROIT COUNTRY DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.