Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Girls Lacrosse Regional Preview.

Written Wednesday May 15th at 7:00 PM

Here is my insight heading into the Girls Regionals for lacrosse. I apologize for seedings and stuff.

Region 3 @ Bloomfield Hills

9. Utica Ford vs 8. WEST BLOOMFIELD
9. Utica Ford/8. WEST BLOOMFIELD vs 1. Utica Eisenhower
5. Grosse Pointe North vs 4. HARRISON/NORTH FARMINGTON
11. Chippewa Valley vs 6. TROY ATHENS
11. Chippewa Valley/6. TROY ATHENS vs 3. BIRMINGHAM
10. TROY vs 7. BLOOMFIELD HILLS
10. TROY/7. BLOOMFIELD HILLS vs 2. Grosse Pointe South

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be interesting because I’m seeing a Birmingham vs Grosse Pointe South regional semifinal with Grosse Pointe North and Utica Eisenhower meeting on the other side. I’d keep an eye on Bloomfield Hills because along with being the hosts they could spoil the party and beat Grosse Pointe South. I think this will be a fun regional at Bloomfield Hills. I see Birmingham marching on with confidence. PICK: BIRMINGHAM.

Region 4 @ Fenton

9. Fenton/Linden vs 8. Holly/Brandon
9. Fenton/Linden/8. Holly/Brandon vs 1. CLARKSTON
5. OXFORD vs 4. Hartland
11. Grand Blanc vs 6. Midland
11. Grand Blanc/6. Midland vs 3. Walled Lake Central
10. LAKE ORION vs 7. Waterford
10. LAKE ORION/7. Waterford vs 2. Huron Valley

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is an interesting regional but until anyone beats Hartland, no one here stands a chance to knock them off. PICK HARTLAND.

Region 6 @ Farmington

9. FARMINGTON vs 8. Farmington Hills Mercy
9. FARMINGTON/8. Farmington Hills Mercy vs 1. Ann Arbor Skyline
5. Ann Arbor Father Gabriel Richard vs 4. Dexter
11. Temperance Bedford vs 6. Birmingham Detroit Country Day
11. Temperance Bedford/6. Birmingham Detroit Country Day vs 3. Birmingham Marian
10. Tecumseh vs 7. Walled Lake Northern
10. Tecumseh/7. Walled Lake Northern vs 2. Wixom St. Catherine of Sienna

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is an interesting regional at Farmington. I think the Falcons are under seeded in this regional and could take down Ann Arbor Skyline before having to meet a very good Ann Arbor Father Gabriel Richard team. I like Wixom St. Catherine of Sienna, they could do some damage in this regional. I’m seeing an Ann Arbor Father Gabriel Richard vs Wixom St. Catherine of Sienna regional final with the Stars moving on. PICK: WIXOM ST. CATHERINE OF SIENNA.

Region 7 @ Pontiac Notre Dame Prep

9. Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood vs 8. Pontiac Notre Dame Prep
9. Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood/8. Pontiac Notre Dame Prep vs 1. ROYAL OAK
5. Bloomfield Hills Sacred Heart Academy vs 4. Davison
11. AVONDALE vs 6. ADAMS
11. AVONDALE/6. ADAMS vs 3. Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett
10. ROCHESTER vs 7. Warren Regina
10. ROCHESTER/7. Warren Regina vs 2. STONEY CREEK

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is an interesting regional over at Pontiac Notre Dame Prep but sometimes I think the seedings are a bit overrated here. I’m seeing a Pontiac Notre Dame Prep vs Grosse Pointe University Liggett regional final with Grosse Pointe University Liggett moving onto the next round. PICK: GROSSE POINTE WOODS UNIVERSITY LIGGETT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.