Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Boys Golf Regional Preview.

Written Tuesday May 28th at 9:00 AM

Here is my insight and preview for Boys Golf for their regionals this week.

Region 2 @ Davison Country Club

OXFORD
Alpena
Bay City Western
Bay City Central
Davison
Flint Carman Ainsworth
Flushing
Grand Blanc
Lansing Holt
Lapeer
Okemos
Saginaw Heritage
Swartz Creek
Midland
Midland Dow
Traverse City Central
Traverse City West

PROJECTED TOP 4:

1. GRAND BLANC
2. LAPEER
3. MIDLAND
4. TRAVERSE CITY WEST

WHY THIS: I think when looking at this regional that Grand Blanc early was ranked in the State but has fallen on some rough times. Lapeer and Traverse City West both have experience being in the finals last season. Midland has some golfers back and could be on the cusp of making a run.

Region 3 @ Pine Knob Golf Course

CLARKSTON
NORTH FARMINGTON
WEST BLOOMFIELD
Brighton
Plymouth Canton
Walled Lake Northern
Hartland
Howell
Milford
Northville
Novi Detroit Catholic Central
Novi
Plymouth
Plymouth Salem
South Lyon
Walled Lake Western
Walled Lake Central
Waterford Kettering
Waterford Mott
Lakeland

PROJECTED TOP 4:

1. CLARKSTON
2. PLYMOUTH
3. NOVI DETROIT CATHOLIC CENTRAL
4. HARTLAND

WHY THIS: These teams are State powers ranked in the top ten (Clarkston 1, Novi Detroit Catholic Central 5, Hartland 8, Plymouth 10.) This will be a very competitive match and if things go right expect these teams to be there. Northville and Walled Lake Northern might get left out this season though which would be a shame.

Region 4 @ Twin Lakes Golf Course

LAKE ORION
BLOOMFIELD HILLS
ROCHESTER
ADAMS
STONEY CREEK
TROY
TROY ATHENS
Chippewa Valley
Macomb Dakota
New Baltimore Anchor Bay
Utica
Utica Eisenhower
Utica Ford
Sterling Heights Stevenson
Sterling Heights
Fraser
L’Anse Creuse
L’Anse Creuse North
Romeo
Port Huron
Port Huron Northern

PROJECTED TOP 4:

1. LAKE ORION
2. BLOOMFIELD HILLS
3. ADAMS
4. ROCHESTER

WHY THIS: Last year there was a lot of controversy surrounding three teams that won this regional but also ripped off a few teams. This year I think Adams and Bloomfield Hills gets their revenge. I also think Lake Orion wins this regional and just recently won the Oakland County title. Not to mention that they are ranked 7th in the State right now.

Region 5 @ Orchards

GROVES
SEAHOLM
BERKLEY
ROYAL OAK
Birmingham Brother Rice
Dearborn Fordson
Detroit Cass Tech
Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit
Detroit Renaissance
Grosse Pointe North
Grosse Pointe South
Livonia Churchill
Livonia Stevenson
Livonia Franklin
St. Clair Shores Lakeview
St. Clair Shores Lake Shore
Warren Mott
Warren Cousino
Warren De LaSalle

PROJECTED TOP 4:

1. BIRMINGHAM BROTHER RICE
2. GROSSE POINTE SOUTH
3. WARREN DE LASALLE
4. GROVES

WHY THIS: These teams have been ranked in the State at some point this year especially when you have the defending State Champions in Grosse Pointe South not to mention Birmingham Brother Rice and Warren De LaSalle. Groves had a top ten finish in the Oakland County meet, they will be a team to watch out for.

Region 11 @ Fieldstone Golf Course

AVONDALE
FARMINGTON
HARRISON
FERNDALE
Armada
Croswell-Lexington
Birmingham Detroit Country Day
Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook-Kingswood
Eastpointe
Imlay City
Madison Heights Lamphere
Marysville
North Branch
Orchard Lake St. Marys
Brandon
Yale
Pontiac Notre Dame Prep
Warren Woods Tower

PROJECTED TOP 4:

1. FARMINGTON
2. PONTIAC NOTRE DAME PREP
3. ORCHARD LAKE ST. MARYS
4. BLOOMFIELD HILLS-CRANBROOK KINGSWOOD

WHY THIS: I think these are the four top teams in this regional. There is one State ranked team in Farmington that is ranked 10th in Division Two right now. Also experience matters and Pontiac Notre Dame Prep, Orchard Lake St. Marys, and Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook-Kingswood were there last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.