Saturday, May 18, 2019

Girls Soccer District Preview.

Written Sunday May 19th at 12:40 AM

Here is my insight and predictions heading into the Girls Soccer Districts which takes place this week.

District 13 @ Seaholm

Livonia Stevenson vs SEAHOLM
SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH vs FARMINGTON
GROVES vs NORTH FARMINGTON
GROVES/NORTH FARMINGTON vs Farmington Hills Mercy

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This district sets up to be very interesting. I see a huge matchup between Seaholm and Livonia Stevenson early which should be very competitive. I also see that Groves got a good draw as well. The Falcons should get to the district final and meet a Spartans team that is destine to continue their season and they will but don’t be surprised if the Maples take down Livonia Stevenson and if that happens then they will win this district. PICK: LIVONIA STEVENSON.

District 9 @ Royal Oak

St. Clair Shores Lake Shore vs ROYAL OAK
St. Clair Shores Lakeview vs BERKLEY
Warren Mott vs Roseville
Warren Mott/Roseville vs Warren Cousino

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is not a strong district when looking at the records but this could be Royal Oak’s best chance of winning the district. Berkley will have a say in this as they have some experience back. I’m seeing a Warren Mott vs Royal Oak district final but don’t be surprised if Berkley makes a run at this thing. I like the Ravens because of home field. PICK: ROYAL OAK.

District 10 @ Troy Athens

Sterling Heights Stevenson vs TROY
Utica Ford vs Sterling Heights
Fraser vs TROY ATHENS
Fraser/TROY ATHENS vs Utica

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be a fun district to keep an eye on. Troy, Troy Athens, and Utica have strong chances to win this district. The Colts got the best draw knowing that the Red Hawks and Chieftains have to play each other pending if Troy Athens gets by Fraser. I see an all Troy district final with the Red Hawks getting a measure of revenge from last season’s disappointing year. PICK: TROY ATHENS.

District 12 @ Oxford

STONEY CREEK vs LAKE ORION
Utica Eisenhower vs OXFORD
Romeo vs ADAMS
Romeo/ADAMS vs ROCHESTER

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: There are a lot of good teams in this district over at Oxford. I think we are on a collision course of seeing an Adams/Rochester and Stoney Creek/Utica Eisenhower semifinal with the an interesting district final between Stoney Creek and Adams. I like the Cougars to advance to the regional in this one. PICK: STONEY CREEK.

District 15 @ Lakeland

Waterford Kettering vs BLOOMFIELD HILLS
Walled Lake Northern vs Lakeland
Waterford Mott vs Walled Lake Central
WEST BLOOMFIELD vs CLARKSTON

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This is an interesting district. Waterford Mott has had a strong season along with Walled Lake Northern and Bloomfield Hills. I think the Corsairs will get to the district final and meet a very dangerous Blackhawks team that is poised to make some noise with an upset over Walled Lake Northern. I like Waterford Mott to win this very competitive district. PICK: WATERFORD MOTT.

District 23 @ Birmingham Marian

Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood vs FERNDALE
Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood/FERNDALE vs Birmingham Marian
Birmingham Detroit Country Day vs AVONDALE

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is not a strong district when you look at it but Birmingham Marian has played a tough non conference schedule against some solid teams. I’m seeing a Birmingham Marian vs Birmingham Detroit Country Day district final with the Mustangs moving on. PICK: BIRMINGHAM MARIAN.

District 24 @ Hazel Park

Center Line vs Warren Fitzgerald
Madison Heights Lamphere vs Warren Woods Tower
Eastpointe vs Hamtramck
Eastpointe/Hamtramck vs HAZEL PARK

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is not a strong district when you look at the teams. Hazel Park has home field which is very important but Center Line could be the team to beat in this district. I see it being a Center Line/Hazel Park district final but it will be Center Line winning the district crown. PICK: CENTER LINE.

District 30 @ Fenton

Goodrich vs Fenton
Holly vs Brandon
Linden vs Pontiac Notre Dame Prep
Linden/Pontiac Notre Dame Prep vs PONTIAC

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: When I look at this district this looks to be a two team showdown setting up between Brandon and Pontiac Notre Dame Prep. I see the Irish moving on in this not strong district. PICK: PONTIAC NOTRE DAME PREP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.