Thursday, May 23, 2019

Baseball District Preview.

Written Thursday May 23rd at 10:45 AM

Here is my insight and predictions heading into the Baseball Districts that OAA teams are in.

District 19 @ IHM Field-Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit.

Redford Thurston vs Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit
Redford Thurston/Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit vs SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH
Detroit Renaissance vs OAK PARK

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is not a strong district. I see Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit moving on easily with the district being at their home field. PICK: DETROIT UNIVERSITY- DETROIT JESUIT.

District 26 @ Troy Athens

Utica vs TROY ATHENS
Utica/TROY ATHENS vs TROY
AVONDALE vs BLOOMFIELD HILLS

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be a very competitive district. I see Troy and Bloomfield Hills playing in the district final with the Blackhawks moving on. PICK: BLOOMFIELD HILLS.

District 27 @ Rochester

Utica Eisenhower vs ROCHESTER
Utica Eisenhower/ROCHESTER vs Romeo
ADAMS vs STONEY CREEK

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be an interesting district at Rochester. The pre-district matchup between Rochester and Utica Eisenhower should be intense. The winner will see Romeo who won the Macomb Area Red crown in an interesting matchup to which should will be tight. Stoney Creek and Adams will be interesting as well but at the end of the day give me the team that was in the State rankings early in the season and that’s the Falcons on their home field. PICK: ROCHESTER.

District 28 @ Oxford

Waterford Kettering vs Waterford Mott
Waterford Kettering/Waterford Mott vs LAKE ORION
CLARKSTON vs OXFORD

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: Waterford Mott came out of nowhere and won this district last season. I don’t think it will be the case this time around. I see a Lake Orion/Clarkston district final. Give me the team that wears green and white. PICK: LAKE ORION.

District 25 @ Birmingham Brother Rice

SEAHOLM vs ROYAL OAK
SEAHOLM/ROYAL OAK vs GROVES
Birmingham Brother Rice vs BERKLEY

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This district will be on the new beautiful field of Birmingham Brother Rice. Groves, Seaholm, and Berkley have great shots to dethrone the Warriors but at end of the day it will be Birmingham Brother Rice that will celebrate on their home field. PICK: BIRMINGHAM BROTHER RICE.

District 30 @ Farmington

WEST BLOOMFIELD vs NORTH FARMINGTON
Livonia Stevenson vs FARMINGTON

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be interesting, you got three teams that could win this district. I think it will be a West Bloomfield vs Livonia Stevenson district final, when in doubt trust the school where football coach Ron Bellamy works. PICK: WEST BLOOMFIELD.

District 59 @ Warren Lincoln

Warren Lincoln vs HAZEL PARK
Warren Fitzgerald vs FERNDALE

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is not a strong district when you look at the teams in here. When in doubt go with the school on the Nine Mile side in Macomb County. PICK: WARREN FITZGERALD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.