Monday, January 23, 2017

Wondering if John Callahan would come to the OAA???

Written Monday January 23rd at 11:40 PM

I wonder if John Callahan would be interested in coming into the OAA???

Callahan resigned from Detroit Loyola on Monday. He was 86-16 in his eight seasons there. He took Detroit Loyola to four Division Seven State Championship appearances in the last five years.

Callahan’s teams weren’t afraid to play anyone on the schedule that was bigger in class or in school size. His teams played some tough Catholic League powers during his tenure.

Detroit Loyola had a 38-game winning streak from 2010-2014 in the process as well. He knows how to build winning programs.

Hmm Is It Possible???

Well if Callahan wanted a challenge there are two jobs available surrounding the OAA for football in Troy and Farmington.

Both the Falcons and Colts are in need of different directions after having rough 2016 seasons.

Both teams will present major challenges if Callahan were to take either job. With Troy, its rebuilding it’s freshman football program along with getting the kids to come out and play for the Varsity and Junior Varsity programs. With Farmington, they need to start over from scratch and rebuild the whole program.

The Colts will be in the White while the Falcons will be in the Blue this fall.

I’m just saying if Callahan were to coach at Troy or Farmington it will be interesting to see what type of program he would have with more students in the program.

That’s if he’s interested though, that's the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.