Saturday, January 28, 2017

Cioroch named Farmington Football Coach.

Written Saturday January 28th at 9:05 PM

The Farmington Falcons have their new football coach and it’s not John Erstine or Ryan Baker.

It’s Kory Cioroch.

Cioroch was hired to coach the Falcons replacing coach John Bechtel. Cioroch was the defensive coordinator and safeties coach under Bechtel last season.

Cioroch played linebacker at Berkley in his high school playing days.

He is a Special Education Teacher in the building at Farmington High School.

Cioroch will have a tough task rebuilding the Varsity Falcons football program that finished 2-7 (1-8 technically) last season. He also has to address the Farmington Freshman and Junior Varsity program which struggled last season as well.

The Falcons will be young once again led by offensive lineman and defensive end Donovan King this upcoming season.

Thoughts.

This is an interesting hire to say the least but like what Orion did with coach John Blackstock taking over the Dragons program. The Falcons decided to keep their head coach in house as well.

I’m very curious about this hire because if the Falcons get off to the same rough start like they did last season then there could be more turmoil. Last season Cioroch’s defense was terrible allowing 347 points (38.5 ppg), some which included 56 to West Bloomfield, 46 to Groves, 42 to Oak Park, 41 to Walled Lake Western, and 40 to Harrison.

What should help Cioroch grow his team is that the Falcons are going to be back in the Blue division this season. Last season Farmington was in the White division, which didn't help things. When they were in the Blue they won the division in 2014 finishing at 7-3. They could be the favorite this season.

There are a lot of questions surrounding this program. Will this program be different??? We shall see.

Farmington opens up the season with Berkley in Week One.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for complete coverage on this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.