Sunday, January 22, 2017

Football Transfer Update.

Written Sunday January 22nd at 11:15 AM
Updated Saturday February 4th at 4:25 PM

Southfield Arts and Tech loses three players.

The Warriors have got hit with the transfer losses with four players leaving Southfield Arts and Tech to go to Detroit Cass Tech.

Southfield Arts and Tech lost running back Lew Nichols, wide receiver Brandon Gray, and defensive end Andre Carter to the Technicians as they enrolled there last week. Also they lost Erik McArn whom transferred to Detroit Martin King.

Nichols will be a junior while Gray and Carter will be seniors next season at Detroit Cass Tech. McArn will be a senior at Detroit Martin Luther King. All four players hold multiple Division One scholarship offers.

Thoughts.

I think the Warriors will be fine with the losses of Nichols, Gray, McArn, and Carter. They have plenty of depth to go around under coach Tim Conley. Southfield Arts and Tech will have some questions and some holes to fill in next season.

The Warriors will still be a very good football team in the always tough Red division with the likes of West Bloomfield, Clarkston, Adams, Orion, Oxford, Bloomfield Hills, and Troy Athens.

Oak Park loses a player.

The Knights have lost a player, whom decided to go elsewhere.

According to D-Zone's Jeff Corrin, Oak Park linebacker/running back Marcus Ayers has transferred to Detroit Martin Luther King.

Ayers will be a junior this upcoming fall.

Thoughts.

The Knights normally gets a few transfers to come to Oak Park but this time it's one of their own thats on the way out.

The core group of Oak Park for coach Greg Carter is back so I think they will be fine moving forward.

Harrison gets a player from Farmington. Rosier leaves North Farmington.

The Harrison Hawks just got a player from Farmington in Moet Andrews.

Andrews is a senior this upcoming season for the Hawks and will be a big addition for coach John Herrington.

DeQuian Rosier is leaving North Farmington for Macomb Dakota.

Rosier was the Raiders best player last season. He will go to Macomb County and play for the Cougars next season. Rosier will be a senior.

Thoughts.

Not much of surprise with either player in Andrews and Rosier going for better opportunities for them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.