Friday, June 19, 2015

Regional Thoughts.

Written Friday June 19th at 2:00 PM
Updated Monday July 13th at 8:50 PM

Well now the districts are out, lets look at the regional outlook for each team heading into the regional. OAA team in CAPS.

Class B:

Region 13 
Volleyball and Girls Basketball @ Livonia Ladywood
Boys Basketball @ Detroit Mumford

District 42: (Detroit Central. Detroit Northwestern, FERNDALE, HAZEL PARK, Warren Fitzgerald, Detroit Mumford) vs District 45: (Livonia Clarenceville, Detroit Communication of Media Arts, Detroit Old Redford, Detroit Henry Ford, Livonia Ladywood, Southfield Bradford, Redford Union)
District 43 (Detroit Osborn, Center Line, Detroit Denby, South Lake, Harper Woods Chandler Park, Harper Woods, Warren Lincoln) vs District 41 (Detroit University Prep Science and Math, Detroit University Prep, Detroit Henry Ford Academy, Detroit Consortium, Detroit Cesar Chavez, Detroit Advanced Technology)

Volleyball: The winner of the District 42 district could make a huge run. I like Livonia Clarenceville coming out of District 45 being at home. In District 43 I like Center Line coming out and winning that district and in District 41 I like Detroit University Prep coming out. I'm not impressed with anybody in this region even though I think the winner of District 42 will win this regional. Whomever wins this regional has a great shot at getting to the State quarterfinals.

Boys Basketball: If Ferndale and Detroit Henry Ford would to play each other, then it would be a heck of a game. I can see Detroit Mumford or Hazel Park in District 42 go far as well. Detroit Henry Ford went to the State Semifinals last season and is expected to win District 45. In District 43 I like Detroit Osborn coming out and in District 41 I will go with Detroit University Prep. I think either the District 42/45 winner will go to the State Quarterfinals.

Girls Basketball: Warren Fitzgerald or Detroit Mumford could get out of the district. I think South Lake will be the biggest threat in the regional but either one of these two teams could go far to the State Quarterfinals. In District 45, I'm going to go with Detroit Henry Ford. In District 43, I am going with St. Clair Shores South Lake. In District 41, I am going with Detroit Consortium. The winner of District 42 I think will move on to the State Quarterfinals.

Class A:

Region 4 
Volleyball @ Grosse Pointe South
Girls Basketball @ Dearborn Fordson
Boys Basketball @ Detroit Cass Tech

District 19: (Garden City, Dearborn Crestwood, Redford Thurston, Livonia Stevenson, Livonia Churchill, Livonia Franklin) vs District 24: (LATHRUP, SOUTHFIELD, OAK PARK, BERKLEY, Detroit Renaissance, U-D Jesuit)
District 20: (Hamtramck, Detroit International, Detroit Cass Tech, Detroit East English Village Prep, Detroit Western, Grosse Pointe South, Detroit Martin Luther King) vs District 16: (Dearborn, Dearborn Fordson, Dearborn Edsel Ford, Detroit Cody, Lincoln Park, Allen Park)

Volleyball: This is an interesting regional, Livonia Stevenson is my pick in District 19, District 24, see my blog post. District 20 I like Grosse Pointe South and District 16 I like Allen Park. This one is wide open and anyone can win this regional.

Boys Basketball: District 20 will be tough to watch, you have the defending state champions Detroit Western here along with Detroit Cass Tech and Detroit East English Prep in there. In District 24 it will be interesting as well with four teams having a shot at winning the crown. District 19 I'll go with Redford Thurston and District 16 I'll go with Lincoln Park. At the end of the day the winners of Districts 20 and 24 will meet for the regional crown.

Girls Basketball: This regional will be fun to watch, setting the stage for a Lathrup vs Detroit Martin Luther King/Detroit Cass Tech/ or Grosse Pointe South regional final. I like Livonia Franklin to win District 19. District 24 I mentioned will be Lathrup. In District 16, I like Dearborn Edsel Ford to come out of there and in District 20 three teams could win that District but safe bet will be Detroit Martin Luther King. It will be fun between Lathrup and whoever wins District 20.

Region 5 
Volleyball and Girls Basketball @ Novi
Boys Basketball @ West Bloomfield

District 21: (WEST BLOOMFIELD, FARMINGTON, HARRISON, NORTH FARMINGTON, Orchard Lake St. Mary's, Mercy) vs District 27: (Howell, Hartland, Brighton, South Lyon East, South Lyon)
District 26: (Milford, Walled Lake Northern, Walled Lake Western, Walled Lake Central, Lakeland) vs District 18: (Northville, Novi, Plymouth, Canton, Salem, Novi Detroit Catholic Central.)

Volleyball: Novi should win District 18 even though Canton will have a strong say. When looking at District 26, Lakeland should have no problem getting out of that district. In District 21, see my district post, and in District 27, I like Brighton to come out. I think in this regional, you got to go with Novi. Novi went to the State Finals last season and is poised to make a run again but if Mercy is in here, it's anybody's ball game in that one.

Boys Basketball: Everything sets up to be the winner of the District 21 vs the District 18 or 26 regional final. In District 21 see my district post there, District 27 I see Hartland coming out, District 18 I like Plymouth, and District 26 I like Walled Lake Central. This could be an interesting regional and the winner would earn their path to the State Quarterfinals.

Girls Basketball: With District 21, see my district post but in District 27 I like Howell to come out of that district over South Lyon East. In District 26, I like Lakeland winning that district, and in District 18 even though they lost a lot of talent I like Salem to come out and win that district. I think whoever wins District 21 has the best shot at winning the regional.

Region 6 
Volleyball @ Warren Cousino
Girls Basketball @ Roseville 
Boys Basketball @ Chippewa Valley

District 23: (ROYAL OAK, TROY ATHENS, Warren Cousino, Warren Mott, Sterling Heights, Warren Regina (GBB), Warren De LaSalle) vs District 29: (Fraser, Utica Ford II, Sterling Heights Stevenson, Chippewa Valley, L'Anse Creuse)
District 25: (BLOOMFIELD HILLS, SEAHOLM, GROVES, AVONDALE, TROY, Marian, Brother Rice) vs District 22: (Lake Shore, Warren Woods Tower, East Detroit, Lakeview, Roseville, Grosse Pointe North)

Volleyball: The District 23 winner will likely meet District 29 winner, Fraser. Fraser will be good this season. The District 25 winner will likely see Grosse Pointe North, my pick to win District 29 but it will be a District 23 will meet the District 25 winner. I think the District 25 winner will move on to the State Quarterfinals.

Boys Basketball: The District 23 winner will likely clash with Chippewa Valley, whom I think will win District 29. The District 25 winner should have no problem with the District 22 winner in Grosse Pointe North. I think the District 23 winner will meet the District 25 winner will meet for the Regional title and an Oakland County school will move onto the State Quarterfinals.

Girls Basketball: Warren Cousino or Sterling Heights should win District 23 but a clash with District 29 pick Utica Ford II will be an interesting match-up. The District 25 winner will have a good match-up with Grosse Pointe North whom I think will win District 22. End of the day the District 23 winner will move on to the State Quarterfinals.

Region 7
Volleyball @ Romeo
Girls Basketball @ Grand Blanc
Boys Basketball @ Macomb Dakota

District 30: (STONEY CREEK, ADAMS, ROCHESTER, Utica, Utica Eisenhower) vs District 32: (Grand Blanc, Holly, Brandon, Linden, Fenton)
District 31: (ORION, CLARKSTON, OXFORD, PONTIAC, Waterford Kettering, Waterford Mott) vs District 28: (Anchor Bay, Macomb Dakota, Romeo, L'Anse Creuse North, Port Huron, Port Huron Northern)

Volleyball: Romeo is the defending State Champions and will likely see either Orion/Clarkston on their home court. I think Stoney Creek will win District 30 and will see Fenton whom win District 32. End of the day the winner of the Romeo/Orion/Clarkston winner will move on to the regional.

Boys Basketball: Could the stage be set for Dakota/Clarkston II??? its possible. I think Adams will win District 30 and will set the stage with Holly winning District 32. It could be a blood bath between Clarkston and Holly in the regional final if they do get there.

Girls Basketball: The Winner of District 31 has a good shot at winning this regional. I think Fenton will win District 32, Port Huron Northern will win District 28, and District 30 see the district post will be solid. I think we could be in line for an all Oakland County final here with the winner moving to the State Quarterfinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.