Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Baseball/Softball Recap.

Written Wednesday June 3rd, at 3:00 PM

Softball:

The Clarkston Wolves finally got that Orion problem out of their hair as they beat the Dragons 11-3 on Tuesday at Orion. Orion beaten Clarkston the last two districts but the Wolves this season won the Red and beat the Dragons twice. The Wolves will play the Troy Colts on Saturday in the regional semifinals at Rochester and that winner will play likely Romeo in the regional final.

The Avondale Yellow Jackets was a surprise pick to win their district at Seaholm on Monday. Avondale shocked Groves 10-0 in the district final after Groves beat Seaholm in an emotional semifinal matchup. The Yellow Jackets will play Romeo in the regional semifinals on Saturday at Rochester.

The Troy Colts managed to beat their arch rival the Troy Athens Red Hawks on Monday 2-0 at Troy Athens in the district finals. The Colts will now play Clarkston on Saturday in the regional semifinals at Rochester.

Regional Outlook:

The Romeo Bulldogs are in this region after destroying Rochester 13-0 on Saturday. Clarkston might have the best chance at knocking the Bulldogs out of the playoffs but Troy could give the Wolves problems. Avondale had a strong season but don't think they have a shot a knocking off a state power in Romeo.

PICK: Romeo.


Baseball:

The Adams Highlanders used their solid pitching and timing offense to oust Orion (5-2), Oxford (5-1), and Clarkston (1-0) to win the Orion district.

The Troy Athens Red Hawks beat the Troy Colts 2-0 in the district finals on their home field. Athens eliminated Royal Oak in the district semifinals before knocking out their arch rivals.

Regional Outlook:

Its looking like the winner of the Athens/Adams game at Rochester will likely see the Birmingham Brother Rice Warriors and their star hitter Nick Plummer. The Bloomfield Hills Blackhawks almost pulled off the shocker of the tournament in the district finals but Plummer is the reason why the Warriors are still in the playoffs. End of the day I don't think anyone here will beat Birmingham Brother Rice.

PICK: Birmingham Brother Rice.

The West Bloomfield used their pitching their district title but the regional but they had to survive Waterford Kettering in the district semifinals (6-5) but did beat Walled Lake Central and Walled Lake Northern by a 9-0 combined score.

Regional Outlook:

West Bloomfield has a great shot to get to the State Quarterfinals for the first time since 2007. Hartland will be a tough out but the Lakers should move on to the Quarterfinals behind a good offense and solid pitching.

PICK: West Bloomfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.