Wednesday, June 3, 2015

MHSAA Transparency Questioned.

Written Wednesday June 3rd, at 3:30 PM

When looking at the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA), they have a history of wanting to be fair and honest.

Please tell me that when someone tells you one thing and then changes their mind the next.

That's what happened to the New Baltimore Anchor Bay softball team.

The Tars were up 6-5 in the bottom of the seventh inning on Saturday against Macomb L'Anse Cruse in the district finals only to see the rains came.

The rule according to the National Federation of State High School Athletic Association states that if the game is suspended to weather and five innings were completed then the game reverts to the original score and that the GAME IS OVER.

Anchor Bay would had won the game and moved on to the regional semifinals.

Anchor Bay, whom was the district tournament host, got an email from the MHSAA assistant director Mark Uyl said the game would finish up on Monday with the same score and same exact situation.

L'Anse Cruse would score two runs in the bottom of the inning and won the game 7-6.

Anchor Bay's Athletic Director Randy Nelson was very upset with the email and the outcome, he plans on talking about the matter to Jack Roberts who is the executive director (president of the MHSAA) and could file a protest.

This game will question the MHSAA when it comes to the rules, they have some explaining to do when it comes to this matter. It can happen to anyone even someone in the OAA.

Thoughts:

When looking at the game Anchor Bay was up 6-0 so if they scored more runs they wouldn't had been in this situation. To make matters worse this game was on their home field.

The game should had been played even in the heavy rain. The game was in the bottom of the seventh inning, they could had just let it play on out and we don't have this issue.

The MHSAA might want to look how they do the rules because somebody messed up big time and that someone needs to explain themselves to Anchor Bay and the rest of the State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.