Friday, October 9, 2020

Week Four Thoughts.

Written Friday October 9th at 10:35 PM

Berkley sent a statement that they are for real especially with their huge 22-20 win at Troy Athens after trailing 14-0 in the game. I really give credit to Coach Sean Shields for the job he is doing with the program. The Bears don’t have to leave Hurley Field for the rest of the regular season but their next two games are against Bloomfield Hills and Rochester. The Red Hawks are having a hard time finishing games but they are heading in the right direction.

I’m happy for Coach Eric Royal to see where this team has gone through. Ferndale bounced back after a tough 49-8 blowout to Allen Park by beating Troy 28-7 on Friday night. The Eagles have been rolling in league play but they need to keep that mojo when they go out of league or out of division. The Colts are in some big trouble right now, only scoring seven points in two weeks, not good at all.

Rochester blew out Royal Oak 54-0. The Falcons are for real enough said but when it comes to districts seeing the likes of Clarkston, Lake Orion, Lapeer, Davison, Oxford, Grand Blanc, and Adams that will likely change. The Ravens, I don’t know what to say about them, they are struggling bottom line.

I wasn’t surprised Bloomfield Hills got blown out by Birmingham Brother Rice on Friday night 43-7. The Blackhawks need to fix some things especially on defense. They have a huge test looming next week when they head to Hurley Field to battle the Bears.

Avondale blew out Pontiac for the second straight year 66-2 at Wisner Stadium on Friday night. I feel for the Phoenix, might be time for the league to intervene on their behalf. The Yellow Jackets had a good week bottom line.

The Farmington Jug was a mismatch on Friday night as North Farmington beat Farmington 38-14. The Falcons fought in this game but the Raiders had too much talent and experience to overcome in this game. North Farmington has a tough test looming at Oxford and Farmington heads to Lake Orion to play the Dragons.

The Maples won their second straight over Groves in Beverly Hills on Friday night. It was an even game and there was a ton of drama especially in the fourth quarter when Seaholm quarterback Caleb Knoer playing defense stripped the football out of Falcons wide receiver Jaden Mangham causing a touchback in a 21-21 game. The next series the Maples would score the winning touchdown. Seaholm only threw one pass in the game which was shocking but then again they run a veer offense which involves a ton of running. The Maples head to Clarkston next week. The Falcons head to Oak Park to play the Knights.

The Cougars have earned everything including Friday night’s 23-10 win at Adams. It is the first win over the Highlanders since 2013 and the first ever win at Adams for Stoney Creek. Adams is in some trouble right now especially with West Bloomfield in the Swamp looming next week. The Cougars are rolling but they have a tough test looming at Southfield Arts and Tech.

West Bloomfield bounced back by blowing out Oxford 45-0 at the Swamp. I think both the Lakers and Wildcats are fine even though it wasn’t a good night for Coach Zach Line and his team. It will be interesting how both teams respond next week especially Oxford.

Clarkston clearly outplayed Lake Orion on Friday night and the score showed 31-7. The Dragons offense is a huge problem and they need to fix that and quick, 14 points in two games is not good at all. The Wolves right now are rolling on all cylinders. Clarkston hosts Seaholm while Lake Orion hosts Farmington next week.

The Warriors made a statement on Friday night by beating Oak Park 33-6 in Knight Valley. I’m shocked how far Oak Park has fallen. It’s going to be a struggle for the Knights here on out. Southfield Arts and Tech might be back but I’m not sure yet. I want to see how they do next week against Stoney Creek if they pass my eyeball test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.