Friday, October 30, 2020

Southfield Arts and Tech has their new Girls Basketball Coach.

Written Friday October 30th at 11:40 PM

The Warriors will have a new Girls Basketball Coach this winter.

Citing a accurate source, Southfield Arts and Tech named Shaquita Coltrane their new head coach replacing legendary coach Michelle Marshall whom retired this offseason.

Coltrane coached at Southfield Bradford Academy last season and will look to bring her experience and knowledge to a very young Warriors program.

Southfield Arts and Tech will have Kayonia Willis and Jaylen Austin back for Coltrane. The Warriors could have it rough in the Red especially with Clarkston, West Bloomfield, Groves, and Royal Oak on the horizon. They are in a very brutal district as well with the likes of Birmingham Marian, Groves, Royal Oak, Berkley, and Seaholm.

Program strength has been a concern for the Warriors. Coltrane will need to address this area as well. She becomes the fourth new coach in the OAA for Girls Basketball this season.

Thoughts

It will be interesting to see what happens for the Warriors with Coltrane coaching the program. Program strength will be very interesting to keep an eye on with Southfield Arts and Tech.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.