Wednesday, October 7, 2015

North Farmington just got stronger, not sure to Clarkston level yet.

Written Wednesday October 7th at 4:30 PM.

The Raiders have just gotten stronger.

If bringing in 6.7 forward Nate Brooks from Peach City Georgia wasn't enough then now you bring in arguably Southfield's best player in Amauri Hardy according to MIPrepZone and State Champs Scott Burnstein.

Hardy a 6.2 guard enrolled at North Farmington on Monday. He played at Southfield last season and was a force at point guard until he got hurt against Walled Lake Central with a knee injury during a Christmas tournament at North Farmington. Hardy will join a team loaded led by guards Billy Thomas, Jacob Joubert, Josh Hogans, Brooks, and center Alex Darden.

It is unknown if he is eligible or not.

North Farmington finished 20-4 last season and lost to U-D Jesuit in the regional finals but people have said this lineup could threaten Clarkston in the Red. The Raiders have struggled in the past against Clarkston and its been a while since coach Todd Negoshian has beaten the Wolves. They could but I'm not sure that they do match well Clarkston especially when you have one of the best minds in the game in coach and Athletic Director Dan Fife.

Also the Wolves have guards Foster Loyer and Dylan Alderson along with forward Tabin Throgmorton but they do have a size advantage inside when they do play Clarkston.

This move is a huge hit for Southfield and new coach Mike Avery as they lost their best player but expect the Blue Jays to be competitive in the Red this season.

In my podcast, I had Bernstein two weeks ago, he said that the MHSAA has a transfer problem in which they do. I don't question Brooks coming over to North Farmington but do suspect that Alderson leaving Davison for Clarkston and Hardy from Southfield to North Farmington was athletically motivated despite the fact the MHSAA has cracked on athletically moved transfers, kids are getting away with this by moving in district so they can play right away. The main victims are the kids who actually try out to make the team.

We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.