Friday, September 25, 2020

Week Two Thoughts.

Written Friday September 25th at 11:45 PM

Here are my thoughts after week two.

I was very impressed with Stoney Creek and running back Cameron Buford. Buford ran for 220 yards and six total touchdowns (five rushing and one receiving) in a Cougars 42-14 blowout at Tom Holland Field over North Farmington. The Raiders had no answers for the Stoney Creek defense as well. The Cougars are riding on all cylinders right now. North Farmington will need to bounce back heading into next week.

Adams was another team that really impressed me. The Highlanders bounced back after losing 34-33 in overtime to North Farmington. They rallied to beat Groves in Beverly Hills 31-21 on Friday night. Adams is growing up fast and improving as well. The Falcons need to bounce back and quick.

Seaholm blew out Farmington 41-2 on Friday night in the Maple Forest. The Maples bounced back after getting destroyed by Stoney Creek 37-13 last week. The Maples have a huge game with Adams looming this week back at the Maple Forest. The Falcons have to go to Stoney Creek next week which is a brutal matchup.

Rochester took the Jug on Friday afternoon from Avondale beating the Yellow Jackets 41-16 at Dick Bye Field. The Falcons have really surprised me going 2-0 for the first time since 2012. Having a ton of experience and going through the battles in the White have helped Coach Eric Vernon’s team. Avondale has some problems they need to address and quickly if they want to turn things around.

Bloomfield Hills looked very good by blowing out Royal Oak 34-7 at home on Friday night. The test comes for the Blackhawks next week when they go to Rochester to play a Falcons squad that has also been very impressive. The Ravens are struggling mightily which is not a good sign. Royal Oak hosts Pontiac next week but they need to find something and quick.

Berkley is off to a 2-0 start after blowing out Pontiac 49-0 on Friday night. The Bears should be tested next week against Troy. I like the direction that the Bears and Coach Sean Shields are going right now. The Phoenix are struggling right now but they are getting better.

I was surprised when looking at the 17-15 West Bloomfield win over Southfield Arts and Tech at the Swamp on Friday night. Either the Lakers looked bad or the Warriors might be better than people thought especially on the defensive side of the football. West Bloomfield goes to Clarkston while Southfield Arts and Tech hosts Lake Orion next week.

Lake Orion made a statement on Friday night beating Oak Park 38-6. The Dragons really don’t have a true star on their team, it’s a typical Lake Orion style team. The Knights are solid and talented but they got some work to do especially without Rayshawn Benny. Oak Park really needs him in the worst way possible. The Knights head to Oxford while the Dragons heat to Southfield Arts and Tech next week.

Clarkston made a statement on Friday night by beating Oxford 35-14 at the Wolves Den. Ethan Clark had three rushing touchdowns for the Wolves in the game. The Wolves stormed out to a 28-0 lead and never looked back. Clarkston have a big test looming next week with West Bloomfield. The Wildcats took a bit of a step back will host Oak Park next week but brighter days are ahead for Oxford.

I owe an apology to the good folks at Ferndale but I'm not surprised with their 2-0 start. They have two very good wins over Troy Athens and Avondale by a combined 13 points. The Eagles have a huge test looming with Allen Park this week in Wayne County. They are a team to be a recon with.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing impressed you about Ferndale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ferndale has been rolling going 2-0. I talked with Coach Royal in January and he's expected a bounce back season. I've liked what Coach Royal has done with the Eagles as you can see with the rankings I have Ferndale at 5. I've always have known the Eagles are capable winning these type of games, it's been impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.