Monday, September 21, 2020

Top Ten Football "Pipe Dream" Matchups.

Written Monday September 21st at 11:10 AM

People ask me about what if, what if there were matchups that were nuts but could possibly happen in the future??? Well here are some of the what if matchups if they were to happen.

Stoney Creek vs Lapeer: This would be a great matchup between the Lightning and Cougars. Lapeer and Stoney Creek also have program strength as well which helps. It would be a great game to say the least.

West Bloomfield vs Rockford: The Lakers and Rams would be very interesting. Both teams are deep, talented, and proven powerhouses. Rockford has done very well historically. It would be very interesting if these teams would play each other.

Lake Orion vs Midland: These two teams played in Girls Basketball and other sports so why not put the Dragons and Chemics on the grid iron. Both teams are consistent powers and have had deep playoff runs. Lake Orion has a State Championship along with three State Semifinals appearances. This would be a great matchup to see.

Clarkston vs Traverse City West: This would be interesting because both teams have a ton of history of traveling far away. Clarkston went west in the postseason to Holland West Ottawa. Traverse City West travels south a ton in the postseason

Oxford vs Mount Pleasant: This would be a classic matchup of two blue and gold teams. The Oilers have been building a solid program and is one of those classic contending teams in the Saginaw Valley Red. So put them with a power in Oxford who is very similar to Mount Pleasant. I would pay money to see this matchup take place whether if it’s Oxford going north on I-75 or Mount Pleasant coming south from I-75 to I-69 down to M-24.

North Farmington vs Ithaca: Ithaca is one of the most perianal state powers we have. The Raiders have a great coaching staff that came from Harrison. Harrison and Ithaca would have been a very interesting matchup. Now bring North Farmington to the mix and you have a classic matchup between two powerhouse programs.

Oak Park vs Davison: Hmm this would be a very interesting matchup if this happens. Davison is a physical football team going up against Oak Park. The Knights have had deep playoff runs while the Cardinals won the Division One State Championship last season. I think it will be close between these two if they played.

Pontiac vs Caseville: The Phoenix have had it rough but have the Caseville Eagles. The Eagles are in an eight man football conference. I think from a numbers perspective this could work and it would be a heck of a game between these two teams.

Adams vs Flint Carman Ainsworth: This would be an interesting matchup between the Highlanders and the Cavaliers. Adams runs a veer which should give Flint Carman Ainsworth some problems. It would be a good contest between two teams that have different styles.

Avondale vs Carsonville-Port Sanilac: This would be an interesting matchup if it were to take place. Avondale hasn’t really went up to the Thumb area that much and a matchup with Carsonville-Port Sanilac would be very interesting between two teams with different styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.