Friday, September 25, 2020

Football Districts are Out.

Written Friday September 25th at 2:00 PM

I can't believe I'm writing this blog entry out. I never thought of the day that the MHSAA would do football districts but that's the world we are living in right now. The MHSAA released the playoff brackets on Friday afternoon making eight or seven team brackets for all eight divisions. There will be three district rounds followed by the regional finals then the state semifinals and then finals. I will post the releases from the MHSAA and the brackets for this blog and in the ONTV blog as well. Anyway here are the districts surrounding the OAA schools. We will have more on this on the podcast next week.

Division One. 

District 4 (Region 2)

CLARKSTON

LAKE ORION

OXFORD

ROCHESTER

ADAMS

Lapeer

Grand Blanc

Davison

THOUGHTS: I really feel for Rochester. The Falcons could have to go up to Davison for a first round district game, that’s scary. Lake Orion and Oxford could possibly meet each other in the first round. Davison and Clarkston looks to be the favorites coming out but watch for Oxford, Lake Orion, and Lapeer. Adams could be in the mix as well but right now this district is going to be absolutely brutal.

 

District 7 (Region 4)

BLOOMFIELD HILLS

FARMINGTON

SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH

WEST BLOOMFIELD

TROY

TROY ATHENS

Sterling Heights Stevenson

Utica Ford

THOUGHTS: This district is looking like it could be a West Bloomfield vs Sterling Heights Stevenson district final. I would expect both the Lakers and Titans to get top seeds in this district but there are some wildcards when looking at Southfield Arts and Tech possibly being one. Whoever has to play the Warriors could have a dangerous time. I see this district being a West Bloomfield vs Sterling Heights Stevenson clash.

 

District 8 (Region 4)

STONEY CREEK

Chippewa Valley

Macomb Dakota

Macomb L’Anse Creuse North

Romeo

Utica

Utica Eisenhower

New Baltimore Anchor Bay

THOUGHTS: The Cougars are going to be an honorary member of the Macomb Area Conference. Stoney Creek’s road into Macomb County is going to be challenging especially if they have to play the Macomb Area Conference Red in Utica Eisenhower, Chippewa Valley, Romeo, and Macomb Dakota. I think the Cougars have a shot to win this tough district even though the four teams as mentioned will present tough challenges. New Baltimore Anchor Bay is a wildcard as they are coached by former Macomb Dakota and Warren De LaSalle coach Mike Gionnine. I’ll bet you Zach and Zack on their podcast (The MAC Attack with Zach and Zack) will go deeper but if they want anything on Stoney Creek just ask me.

 

Division Two.

District 12 (Region 6)

NORTH FARMINGTON

Fenton

Milford

South Lyon

Walled Lake Central

Walled Lake Western

Waterford Kettering

Waterford Mott

THOUGHTS: The Raiders became an honorary member of the Lakes Valley Conference along with Fenton. North Farmington could be the number two seed in this district. Walled Lake Western is very good and they could run away with the Lakes Valley Crown. I think Fenton is the wildcard, the Tigers are solid and could pose problems to anyone. I’m not sold on Waterford Mott after losing to Milford in week one. South Lyon is very young. Milford and Waterford Kettering could present problems as well but I’m seeing this district as a three team district.

 

District 14 (Region 7)

OAK PARK

FERNDALE

Detroit Renaissance

Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit

Grosse Pointe North

Grosse Pointe South

Lincoln Park

Wyandotte Roosevelt

THOUGHTS: This looks to be a very interesting especially with the proven programs that are in this district. Oak Park, Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit, Wyandotte Roosevelt, Detroit Renaissance, and Grosse Pointe South have great chances to win this district but there are going to be some great first round games to say the least. Ferndale is a possible sleeper along with Grosse Pointe North. This district is going to be wide open, anybody can win this district on any given day.

 

District 15 (Region 8)

AVONDALE

BERKLEY

GROVES

SEAHOLM

ROYAL OAK

Sterling Heights

Warren Cousino

Warren Mott

THOUGHTS: This could be a very interesting district when looking at the teams. Groves and Seaholm should be deemed the favorites but keep an eye on Avondale, Berkley, and Warren Mott. Sterling Heights is my wildcard in this district. The Falcons and Maples look to be on a collision course after last season’s stunning blowout by Seaholm in Beverly Hills. I think this district could have some fireworks written all over it.

 

Division Three.

District 21 (Region 11)

PONTIAC

Bay City Central

Bay City Western

Clio

Flint Kearsley

Holly

Linden

THOUGHTS: It’s going to be a tough challenge for the Phoenix. They could have to go to Flint to play Flint Kearsley or go to Holly or Linden. I think playing in the OAA will help Pontiac going forward but it’s going to be tough to say the least as mentioned for the Phoenix.

 

MHSAA District Brackets

https://www.mhsaa.com/portals/0/documents/FB/2020/2020%20Districts%2009-25-2020.pdf

 

My Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-09-28-20 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.