Saturday, June 9, 2018

More High School Sports Saturday Thoughts.

Written Saturday June 9th at 4:25 PM

As we head into the final week of the 2017-2018 school year and sports season. Here are my thoughts heading into the regional for baseball, softball, and girls soccer along with a recap of the State Boys golf finals.

Softball Thoughts.

North Farmington ran into a really good pitcher against South Lyon losing 2-0 in a pitchers duel at Novi in the regional semifinal. The Raiders were shut down by Lions pitcher Alexis Bonk. She shut held the North Farmington offense to just one hit. Sam Cherney pitched well keeping the Raiders in the game but Bonk was the difference in the game for South Lyon. Bonk is the reason why North Farmington is out.

I knew that Hazel Park was going to have a tough time against Dearborn Divine Child and it showed as the Vikings fell 15-0 in four innings at Madonna University in their regional semifinal. Hazel Park had absolutely no chance in this game and ends its run in the regional semifinals.

Clarkston showed their dominance against Troy Athens by hammering the Red Hawks 11-3 in five innings in the regional semifinal at Lake Orion. Troy Athens ends its season in the regional semifinal. Stoney Creek used a 5-0 advantage to beat Seaholm 6-2 in their regional semifinal game. The Maples end its season. The Cougars and Wolves met in the regional final with Clarkston winning 5-0 over Stoney Creek whom won its first district title and regional game in school history. My thoughts here was it went exactly what I thought it would be with the Wolves showing their dominance in this regional. Clarkston will take on Hartland in the State Quarterfinals at Wayne State on Tuesday.

Baseball Thoughts.

I wasn’t surprised that Troy lost to Waterford Mott 4-1 in the regional semifinal at Lake Orion. The Colts could not overcome the Corsairs onslaught early when Waterford Mott jumped to a 3-0 lead. Troy tried to come back in the game but it wasn’t meant to be. The Colts end its season in the regional semifinal.

I wasn’t surprised that Farmington got beat by Northville in the regional semifinal 5-3 at Novi. I thought what happened prior really impacted the Falcons. Mistakes killed Farmington in the game including allowing the two winning runs for the Mustangs in the seventh inning. The Falcons could have won the game but it wasn’t meant to be. Farmington ends its season in the regional semifinal.

Girls Soccer Thoughts.

Adams could not overcome Grand Blanc in the regional final with the Bobcats winning 3-0 at Stoney Creek. I knew it was going to be tough for the Highlanders against a team like Grand Blanc with all their talent they have back. The Bobcats will play Midland in the State semifinals on Tuesday at Lansing Holt.

The Colts took home their first regional since 2013 with a 3-0 win over Grosse Pointe North in their regional final at Troy Athens. Troy was a team that I wasn’t surprised that would move onto the State semifinals to which they will play Novi on Tuesday at Stoney Creek.

Golf Thoughts.

I wasn’t surprised that Grosse Pointe South won the State crown in Boys golf but the league got some good performances from Seaholm and Lake Orion. The Maples took a third place performance in the State at 43 over par but was second in overall scoring with a 599 while the Dragons took eighth at 67 over par with a 637 overall score. I still believe that Adams and Bloomfield Hills should had been in the field but it wasn’t meant to be though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.