Saturday, September 9, 2017

Way too Early Girls Basketball Top Ten.

Written Saturday September 9th at 10:00 PM

Here is my way too early Girls Basketball rankings. These aren't the official rankings but it's a start.

1. Southfield Arts and Tech: Warriors have Cheyenne McEvans and Alexis Johnson back. They have a solid team back for coach Michelle Marshall. Wonder how they will replace the production left behind by Deja Church.

2. Clarkston: Wolves have the best interior in the league behind Kayla Luchenbach, Molly Nicholson, and Maddie Beck. Watch for Taylor Heaten and Kiana Aynotte whom and this team could have one of the best starting lineups in the league for coach Christine Rogers.

3. Royal Oak: Ravens have Jessica Adams and Samantha Potter back for coach Brian Sopota. Also, the White looks very winnable for Royal Oak this season.

4. Orion: Dragons have a new coach in Mike Griffin and an experienced team. If the players and Griffin are on the same page then this team could be dangerous.

5. North Farmington: Raiders have Samantha Cherney back in the interior but the key will be Molly Simpson and Patti Tzkcokian. Simpson and Tzkcokian will have to do a lot more production now that Kierra Crockett has graduated for coach Jeff Simpson.

6. Stoney Creek: Cougars might want to call Joey Styles when it comes to scheduling their non-conference. They have a young team led by Emily Echout but any team that is coached by Kellen James is always going to be solid.

7. Groves: Falcons have a new coach in Jessica Wiesler and an experienced team coming back, just like Orion if the players and Wiesler get on the same page then they could be dangerous.

8. Avondale: Yellow Jackets when healthy could be very dangerous to keep an eye on this season for coach Phil Dawson.

9. West Bloomfield: Could be the biggest threat to the Ravens this season along with Groves, really like the Bert Mosley hire.

10. Berkley: Bears have a new coach but they have a star player in Olivia DiCarlo back. Berkley could make some noise this season.

Teams to keep an eye on: Hazel Park, Bloomfield Hills, Oxford, Adams, Harrison, Troy, and Seaholm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.