Saturday, September 9, 2017

Volleyball Top Ten Right now.

Written Saturday September 9th at 10:00 PM

Here is my Volleyball Top Ten as we head into League Play so far.

1. Orion: Anytime you beat Novi whom is the two-time defending Class A State Champs on the road and won three invitationals so far this season says a lot to describe the Dragons.

2. Clarkston: Wolves have had strong showings in tournaments but has struggled so far against Orion in which they have lost three times this season.

3. Bloomfield Hills: Blackhawks have a solid program but they had a rough outing at Novi against Ann Arbor Huron. Bloomfield Hills should be ready to go once league play starts.

4. Troy: The Colts have lost four games this season, all to State ranked teams. Troy took the Allen Park Tournament in August and was third in the Gold division of the Program Cup. The Colts are getting better each day and could surprise some folks.

5. Adams: Strong showing by the Highlanders at the Stoney Creek Invitational when they went to the Final has coach Bridgette Harding’s team here. Adams is the overwhelming favorite to win the White this season.

6. Stoney Creek: Cougars bounced back winning the Croswell Lexington tournament. They had an interesting showing at Novi this weekend.

7. Seaholm: Maples had an interesting outing at Novi. Seaholm should be all right this season for coach Heather Lippert.

8. Oxford: Wildcats having a tough transition to coach Brian Kim’s system but the sub varsity programs getting better each day which gives Oxford a strong chance in the future.

9. Rochester: Falcons have a new coach and a new program but had a rough loss to Birmingham Detroit Country Day in the Copper final of the Program Cup.

10. Farmington: The Falcons should be solid going down from the White to the Blue. Farmington should be in contention this season.

2 comments:

  1. fyi...Harrison defeated Rochester on Tuesday, 9/12, 3-2 to open OAA-White play

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.