Saturday, September 30, 2017

Why 2019 is very important for both North Farmington and Farmington.

Written Saturday September 30th at 10:45 AM

The city of Farmington has really struggled with football.

Besides Harrison which has been rolling under legendary coach John Herrington winning State Championships and being the consistent football power in Farmington.

Back in 2016 the Farmington School District deemed that it would be Harrison that would close thanks to declining enrollment. The Hawks will no longer be a school in 2019-2020.

What does that do???

You have the other two Farmington schools that have been struggling putting together their own stamps on their programs.

The first school mentioned is North Farmington. The Raiders are 1-14 since 2016 but what is concerning to me is that North Farmington has not scored a point in three weeks. The Raiders have a new coach in Bob Chiesa, whom is putting together a program from scratch. “You can’t change the past, but you can learn from the past” said Chiesa during Media Day. North Farmington’s participation numbers are up from a year ago. I believe this is a program that has the right coach and system in place but it takes time to build a program and teams like the Raiders have to take their lumps during the season. The only issue I have is the uniforms which Chiesa said will change after the season.

The second school is Farmington. The Falcons are 2-14 (1-15 technically) since their 17-14 loss to Orion in 2015. Farmington also has a new coach in Kory Ciroch. Ciroch was the defensive coordinator under then coach John Bechtel. The Falcons moved from the White to the Blue this season but the problems have continued especially on the defensive side of the football where they are giving up a ton of points. Losing Donovan King to a knee injury has hurt this team no doubt but this program has some big issues it needs to address especially in the lower levels.

This season has been pretty rough for both teams as they are a combined 2-10 this season. The Raiders and Farmington will meet in two weeks at North Farmington for the Farmington Cup. The Falcons hold the trophy after winning 40-9 at home over North Farmington last season.

Both coaches know where they need to fix to get their programs into title contention in the future.

The 2019 season will be interesting for both teams because that is when Harrison will close. You got to wonder where the Harrison kids will go for the 2019 season??? will they go to Farmington or will they go to North Farmington. I think these next two seasons are pivotal for both programs to see where they are at heading into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.