Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Updated Volleyball Top Ten Right Now.

Written Thursday September 21st at 12:35 AM

Here is the updated top ten surrounding Volleyball right now as we speak.

1. Clarkston: Some things never change with the Wolves, they struggle early and then get better in the middle to late in the season. That’s what’s going on with Clarkston. If it isn’t broke don’t fix the trend.

2. Orion: Dragons have been injury prone as of late. When healthy this team can be very dangerous going forward.

3. Stoney Creek: The Cougars lost to Clarkston on Tuesday but coach Ross Talbott’s team will not be counted out.

4. Troy: The Colts are rolling along, winning the Tribune Invitational last weekend and beating Oxford in four hard games on Tuesday. Troy will be a team to watch later in the season for coach Tom Vigilant.

5. Adams: Highlanders are rolling right now behind their veteran crew for coach Bridgette Harding. There is a reason why Adams is the favorite in the White this season.

6. Bloomfield Hills: The Blackhawks are surprising struggling getting swept by Stoney Creek and Orion. That’s not a good sign for coach Bob Hurdle’s team and that’s not even playing Clarkston or Seaholm yet.

7. Seaholm: Maples starting to put things together for coach Heather Lippert’s crew. I’ll be curious once the schedule toughens up to see where they stack up against the rest of the Red.

8. Harrison: Hawks are the queens of Farmington winning the City Crown over North Farmington and Farmington. I wonder if they can keep the momentum going, especially in the always tough White.

9. Oxford: Wildcats are being very competitive, including a tough loss to a very good Troy team. Coach Brian Kim has Oxford heading in the right direction in a very tough Red.

10. Rochester: Falcons had a bounce back week since losing to Harrison. Rochester beat Berkley in three to get back in the win column.

2 comments:

  1. Question: Is there an official OAA site in which to go and get updated game records for each team? Particularly for all sports like volleyball (&other than Football)? Otherwise, there really is no way to know conference standings

    ReplyDelete
  2. There should be one, OAASports.com. The problem is not every team updates their records.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.