Saturday, January 17, 2015

OAA Basketball Top 10.

Written Saturday January 17th at 3:25 PM

Girls:

1. Lathrup: Proving why they are ranked second in Class A, limited the County's best player to only four first half points.

2. Adams: Perhaps Lathrup's equal when it comes to depth and talent and on a personal note get well soon Nicole Shaw.

3. Stoney Creek: It might be time to pose the question, is Maria Zandi better than Gabby Yurik??? Imagine if these two were playing together??? Norville "Shaggy" Rogers would say "Zoinks."

4. Harrison: Tough break losing Kyla Roland for the season but the Hawks proved a lot on Friday against Adams that they won't give up and watch out for Olivia Perkins, she is a good one looming.

5. Clarkston: If the Wolves played the first half they did against Lathrup then it could be a long season for Clarkston.

6. Oxford: Jessica Murphy and Albert Pujols may have something in common, they are machines but in different sports.

7. Orion: Dragons defense returned in a big way against a solid Avondale team Friday night.

8. Southfield: Big test looms for the Jays on Tuesday as they go to Lathrup Village and play the Chargers.

9. Troy: Colts haven't looked the same since Adams beat them bad a few weeks ago.

10. Royal Oak: Ravens defense is one of the best in the league and a favorable schedule throughout.

Boys:

1. North Farmington: Raiders are rolling on all cylinders as well, heading on a collision course with Clarkston in February.

2. Clarkston: Did the Wolves hold someone (Flint Carman Ainsworth) to just nine points on Tuesday???

3. Oak Park: January 19th is here and they host Clarkston on Tuesday, interesting debut for their seven transfers.

4. Stoney Creek: Cougars are rolling right now on all cylinders.

5. Adams: Quiet week for the Highlanders and they get to play the Crosstown Showdown this week.

6. Southfield: Jays lost a tough one to North Farmington but should be fine in the tough Red.

7. West Bloomfield: Tough week for the Lakers, falling to De LaSalle and surviving Farmington. Only will make them better.

8. Oxford: Wildcats have appeared to had fix things so far.

9. Avondale: Jackets are the most quiet team in the OAA so far, no one is talking about them.

10. Troy: Colts gearing up for Friday's showdown with Oak Park, could be in for a long ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.