Saturday, January 10, 2015

OAA Basketball Top 10.

Written Saturday January 10th at 1:45 PM

Girls:

1. Harrison: Hawks rolled without Amber Stephans on Thursday, she should be ready once league play starts.

2. Lathrup: The Chargers beat a good Arbor Prep team on Thursday, sees Clarkston on Friday.

3. Adams: Tough week awaits the Highlanders, back to back with Orion and Harrison will be tricky.

4. Clarkston: If Erika Davenport puts up 30 points per game this season, the Wolves will be fine.

5. Stoney Creek: Maria Zandi could be the one of the best players come around since Gabby Yurik.

6. Oxford: Wildcats face a stiff test on Tuesday with Clarkston before league play starts.

7. Orion: Dragons will be fine after losing tough one to Clarkston. The have a back to back that will test them.

8. Southfield: The Blue Jays sent a message to Seaholm Thursday night. Could the Gold be next?

9. Troy: The Colts have a chance to rebound from their loss to Adams. They get Stoney Creek on Tuesday.

10. North Farmington: Megan Carter is back and healthy, could be a difference maker for the Raiders.

Boys:

1. North Farmington: With the addition of Billy Thomas, it makes the Raiders that much deeper.

2. Clarkston: Foster Loyer and Andrew Myers maybe the best guard duo in the league.

3. Oak Park: January 19th can't come soon enough for the Knights.

4. Southfield: Jays rolling right now. Huge test with North Farmington coming up.

5. Adams: Highlanders riding the three point machine, 13 threes on Friday.

6. West Bloomfield: Tristian Jackson is still scoring in bunches in Laker land.

7. Stoney Creek: Three point shooting is carrying the Cougars so far this season.

8. Oxford: Wildcats bounced back after getting upset by Royal Oak by beating Berkley. We'll see if the win rights the ship for Oxford.

9. Troy: Nice bounce back win for the Colts after two straight losses.

10. Royal Oak: Ravens upset of Oxford and near upset of West Bloomfield has them here. Royal Oak will give Gold teams fits this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.