Saturday, January 24, 2015

Knights Suffer Big Loss of Head Coach and Two Players.

Written Saturday January 24th, at 5:35 PM

The Oak Park Knights suffered a big hit before it's game on Friday

Tipton was suspended indefinitely after allegedly going on a computer and trying to change two of his players grades just to keep them being eligible for the rest of the season.

Kevon Fuller and Devin Mills were also suspended as well for the academic violations.

The Knights were without the two players and head coach when they beat Troy 50-48 on Friday night. Oak Park Athletic Director and Varsity Football Coach Greg Carter coached the team in Tipton's place. Tipton himself was not in the building.

Carter didn't have much to say about the two players or Tipton or if they will return this season.

There was one major college (Xavier) that sent a scout to see Fuller but he did not play because of the suspension. Fuller was in attendance but was in street clothes for the game in the stands.

There are questions ranging from academic ineligibility for both players now that report cards were delivered and the end of second card marking and first semester was last Friday.

Fuller and Tipton both came over to Knight Valley from Detroit Cody last season while Mills came over from Ferndale this season but he had academic troubles while in Ferndale and looks like it has carried over to his new school Oak Park.

It is possible that both Fuller and Mills could be academically ineligible for the rest of the season and that Oak Park's playoff hopes might have taken at hit but they still have Howard McInnis, Mario Garrett, Bobby Thompson Jr, and Rodney Scales.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for complete coverage on this developing situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.