Saturday, March 20, 2021

Inside the OAA Top 22 and Top 20.

Written Saturday March 20th at 1:50 PM

Boys Top 22.

1. Clarkston (12-3) - Wolves had a week off but better be on upset alert on Thursday.

2. North Farmington (8-2) - Raiders saw their season end after COVID exposure.

3. Ferndale (9-4) - Eagles should be OK heading into Thursday.

4. Adams (10-4) - Highlanders off COVID protocol which is a good thing moving forward.

5. Lake Orion (10-3) - Dragons off COVID protocol which is a good thing moving forward.

6. Stoney Creek (10-4) - Cougars gaining confidence heading into the postseason.

7. Bloomfield Hills (8-4) - Blackhawks won the White outright and are in a good position heading into the postseason.

8. Berkley (5-7) - Bears are a darkhorse team to watch in their district.

9. West Bloomfield (5-9) - Lakers season is sadly done after possible COVID exposure.

10. Groves (7-7) - Falcons are a true Jekyll and Hyde, proceed with caution.

11. Troy (5-7) - Colts playing their JV really has me concerned heading into Thursday.

12. Troy Athens (8-5) - Red Hawks playing JV team on Thursday has me very concerned.

13. Oak Park (4-9) - Knights are on a collision course with Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit on Thursday.

14. Southfield Arts and Tech (3-9) - Warriors are still a team I don’t trust in the postseason.

15. Seaholm (5-8) - Maples peaking at the right time.

16. Farmington (4-11) - What happened against Ferndale, Falcons???

17. Rochester (6-7) - Falcons off COVID protocol which is a good thing moving forward.

18. Pontiac (6-1) - Phoenix raising suspicions for me heading into Tuesday.

19. Avondale (6-7) - Yellow Jackets have been very inconsistent.

20. Oxford (4-9) - It’s been very challenging for the Wildcats.

21. Royal Oak (2-12) - Ravens have had a very challenging season thus far.

22. Ferndale University (0-11) - Eagles playing with nothing to lose on Thursday.

 

Girls Top 20.

1. West Bloomfield (10-3) - Lakers season is sadly done after possible COVID exposure.

2. Clarkston (13-3) - Different players contributing at the right time for the Wolves.

3. Stoney Creek (13-1) - Cougars peaking at the right time coming into districts.

4. Groves (7-8) - Curious to see how the young Falcons will respond in the postseason.

5. Royal Oak (9-6) - Ravens path goes all week.

6. Troy (8-5) - Colts worry me heading into the postseason.

7. Lake Orion (11-7) - Dragons won the Blue outright and have appeared to gain momentum.

8. Oxford (9-4) - Worried about the Wildcats on Wednesday.

9. Berkley (10-5) - Lack of depth is a concern for the Bears coming into Wednesday.

10. Troy Athens (6-8) - Red Hawks season is sadly done because of possible COVID exposure.

11. Adams (5-4) - Highlanders better be on upset alert on Monday.

12. Farmington (9-4) - Falcons getting much needed rest before Wednesday.

13. Oak Park (6-4) - Knights have a tough road ahead at Detroit Renaissance.

14. Rochester (4-8) - Falcons are in some trouble right now.

15. North Farmington (4-9) - Raiders picked up two wins to close the season.

16. Southfield Arts and Tech (1-11) - Warriors are an odd team to figure out.

17. Seaholm (4-11) - Maples has been consistent despite record. Good win over Oak Park to end the season.

18. Ferndale University (5-6) - Eagles have been playing much better.

19. Bloomfield Hills (2-10) - Blackhawks playing better which is a good sign.

20. Avondale (0-10) - Going to be a bumpy ride for the Yellow Jackets in the postseason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.