Monday, March 29, 2021

Boys Basketball Regional Preview-UPDATED.

Written Monday March 29th at 9:40 AM

Updated Tuesday March 30th at 10:40 PM

Here are my insights and projections heading into Thursday regional final matchups. I will have more on the podcast.


Region Fifteen at Livonia Clarenceville

 

FERNDALE vs Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy

 

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: This will be a rematch of a 2019 regional final between two schools that are nicknamed the Eagles. Ferndale is coming off an 78-53 win over Livonia Clarenceville while Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy is coming off a 58-35 win over Eastpointe. The matchup to watch is Orlando Lovejoy against Treyvon Lewis and Jason Drake. Expect all three players to get their points in this game. The coaching matchup is also going to be intense as well between Juan Rickman and Terrance Brown. This has the makings of a classic in Livonia.

PREDICTION: I knew this matchup would come but not changing my pick at all. The Eagles will be in the quarterfinals but the question will be will it be dark blue or dark brown and yellow. I think I know where I'm hinting. PICK: FERNDALE.

 


Region Eight at Troy

 

STONEY CREEK vs Macomb Dakota

 

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: It will be a battle of Cougars on Thursday night in Troy for the regional title. Stoney Creek is coming off an impressive 72-50 regional semifinal win over Chippewa Valley with only nine players in the lineup but their best player Trevor Smith was in the lineup. Macomb Dakota is coming off an impressive 53-43 regional semifinal win over Roseville. They are well coached under Paul Tocco. The Cougars are led by Josh Hines, Ethan Mair, Tyler Barton, Tymias Williams, and Owen Colpaert. The star and coaching matchup is going to be very interesting between Williams and Hines vs Smith and Zac Jones along with Tocco vs Steve Norgrove. This is shaping up to be a very interesting game.

PREDICTION: I don't know if I see Stoney Creek winning with only nine players but they will certainly try. I think Macomb Dakota will sadly be too much for the Cougars but if they get more reinforcements then who knows. PICK: MACOMB DAKOTA.

 

 

My Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-03-29-21wav

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.