Saturday, March 13, 2021

Inside the OAA. Top 22 and Top 20.

Written Saturday March 13th at 10:00 AM

Records will be updated throughout Saturday.

Boys Top 22.

1. Clarkston (12-3) - Wolves have been red hot since Keegan Waslik returned from injury.

2. North Farmington (7-2) - Raiders back in the hunt in the Red.

3. Ferndale (8-3) - It hasn’t been a great week for the Eagles.

4. Adams (10-4) - Highlanders are in COVID protocol but they have been playing well since then.

5. Lake Orion (10-3) - Dragons are in COVID protocol right now.

6. Stoney Creek (9-4) - Trevor Smith earned his 2,000 point as a Cougar last week.

7. Bloomfield Hills (7-4) - Blackhawks are in COVID protocol right now.

8. Troy Athens (8-4) - Red Hawks need more from Jacob Thornton but Jonah Botardo has stepped his game up.

9. Pontiac (6-0) - Phoenix have clinched the Gold outright with Rochester going on COVID protocol.

10. Groves (6-6) - Falcons have been around 500 but they are very dangerous come postseason time.

11. Troy (5-5) - Something is still not right with the Colts.

12. Berkley (5-7) - Bears are 1-2 in March, that’s not good.

13. West Bloomfield (4-9) - Lakers have been scoring a ton of points but they have been giving up more as well. That’s not a good combination heading into the postseason.

14. Farmington (4-8) - Robert Davis and Prince Jackson are carrying the Falcons right now.

15. Oak Park (3-7) - Knights remind me of the "Twilight Zone" series.

16. Rochester (6-5) - Falcons are in COVID protocol after a heartbreaking loss.

17. Oxford (4-8) - Wildcats scored 21 points against Stoney Creek, yikes.

18. Seaholm (3-7) - Maples are as good as Johnny Cross takes them.

19. Southfield Arts and Tech (2-8) - Warriors are still very suspect right now.

20. Avondale (5-7) - Jeremy Neal has been M.I.A for the Yellow Jackets.

21. Royal Oak (1-10) - Ravens are really struggling right now.

22. Ferndale University (0-10) - Martin Taylor has really stepped up his game for the Eagles.

 

Girls Top 20.

1. West Bloomfield (9-3) - Lakers starting to worry me a little bit especially with Birmingham Marian looming.

2. Clarkston (11-3) - Wolves playing as a collective unit as we speak.

3. Stoney Creek (11-1) - Cougars remind me of the video game “Sonic Three and Knuckles” don’t know why.

4. Groves (8-5) - Falcons remind me of Spiderman when he wore the black symbiotic suit from the movie “Spiderman Three” don’t know why.

5. Royal Oak (7-5) - Have the Ravens found their Robin or maybe two Robins in Kira Vance and Sarah Ammon???

6. Troy (7-6) - Colts remind me of the Queen of Spades when it comes to Hearts.

7. Oxford (8-3) - Wildcats have a tough week ahead before going north for districts.

8. Lake Orion (9-6) - Dragons have had a ton of bad luck with ankle injuries but young talent has stepped up big time.

9. Berkley (9-4) - Bears have quietly been moving up the standings in the Blue.

10. Farmington (8-3) - Falcons have been in COVID protocol but Autumn Bartlett has been the glue for Farmington.

11. Adams (5-3) - Highlanders have been in COVID protocol. They will need to rely on their experience in the postseason.

12. Rochester (3-7) - Falcons have really been struggling since exiting COVID protocol.

13. Troy Athens (4-8) - Red Hawks struggling heading into the final week.

14. Oak Park (5-2) - Knights have improved and getting better. Major part has been the play of Tamara Todd.

15. North Farmington (2-9) - Raiders have been struggling to score.

16. Southfield Arts and Tech (1-10) - Warriors still have defensive issues. They have allowed over 68 points eight times this season.

17. Seaholm (2-8) - I got to give props to Maggie Leibler 14 points and 15 rebounds last week for the Maples.

18. Ferndale University (4-4) - Eagles got a huge confidence booster at Avondale last week.

19. Bloomfield Hills (1-8) - Blackhawks remind me of the video game “Nights into Dreams” don’t know why, maybe it’s PK Sports.

20. Avondale (0-9) - Delilah Clark has really been playing well for the Yellow Jackets in a very challenging season for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.