Saturday, March 2, 2019

Boys Basketball Regional Preview and Predictions.

Written Saturday March 2nd at 12:10 PM

Here are my projections and insight heading into the regional tournament for the four remaining OAA teams in the postseason.


Region 8 @ New Baltimore Anchor Bay

TROY vs Roseville
New Baltimore Anchor Bay vs Chippewa Valley

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: This is a predominately Macomb County regional but the Colts are here. Troy has a tough matchup with Roseville looming in the regional semifinals. The winner will likely see Anchor Bay whom has home court or Chippewa Valley whom has been a 500 team all season long.

PREDICTION: I see this being a Roseville vs Anchor Bay regional final but it will be Roseville that moves on. PICK: ROSEVILLE.

Region 2 @ Howell

OXFORD vs Milford
Orchard Lake St. Marys vs Howell

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: This will be an interesting regional in Howell. The Wildcats won a tough district that included the likes of Clarkston, Lake Orion, and Adams while Orchard Lake St. Marys won a district that had West Bloomfield, Avondale, and Bloomfield Hills. Howell won their district and Milford won theirs that had Lakeland and Walled Lake Northern in there.

PREDICTION: This is setting up to be an Oxford vs Orchard Lake St. Marys regional final. I don’t think the Wildcats have an answer for their guards BUT the Eaglets don’t have an answer for Tre Townsend or Michael Rasich. I like Oxford to get to the quarterfinals. PICK: OXFORD.

Region 15 @ Livonia Clarenceville

FERNDALE vs Detroit Fredrick Douglass
Detroit Henry Ford vs Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: This will be an interesting regional in Wayne County. The Eagles are here and have played a tough schedule. Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy had a tough district and overcoming Harper Woods. Detroit Henry Ford and Detroit Fredrick Douglass won relatively not strong districts.

PREDICTION: I see a Ferndale vs Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy regional final but too much athletes the Eagles have along with playing in the OAA will get Ferndale to the quarterfinals. PICK: FERNDALE.

Region 16 @ Imlay City

PONTIAC vs Croswell-Lexington
New Haven vs Goodrich

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: This is an interesting regional in Lapeer County but the likelihood of a possible clash between Pontiac and New Haven looms large but Croswell-Lexington and Goodrich will pose problems to both teams. Croswell Lexington won their district along with Goodrich. Pontiac took a tough district that had Birmingham Detroit Country Day and Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood.

PREDICTION: This will be an interesting regional final between Pontiac and New Haven but unfortunately it will be too much Romeo Weems and New Haven moving on. PICK: NEW HAVEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.