Saturday, October 14, 2017

Herrington becomes the State's All Time Winniest Head Coach.

Written Saturday October 14th at 9:40 AM

It was a historic night in Farmington Hills on Friday night.

Harrison coach John Herrington won his 431st game, which broke former Birmingham Brother Rice Al Fracassa’s record after the Hawks won 39-0 over the Berkley Bears on Homecoming night.

The win was special for Herrington but the most important for his team was that the Hawks got their sixth win of the season which means they will be in the playoffs.

Harrison missed the playoffs last season.

Herrington in his 48 years as a head coach has won 13 State Championships in his career as a head coach.

The 13 State Championships are the most in State history.

Multiple alumni and coaches congratulated Herrington for being the State’s all-time winniest coach.

Herrington is happy to put this aside and focus on next week’s trip to Clarkston which the Hawks have a great chance to get their seventh win and get possibly a home playoff game.

It is likely Herrington will add on to his win total but in two years Harrison will close their doors because of budget cuts that are affecting the Farmington School District.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.