Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Boys Soccer District Preview.

Written Tuesday October 10th at 12:15 PM

Here are my Boys Soccer Projections and Insights heading into the districts next week.

District 8 @ Livonia Stevenson

Livonia Stevenson vs SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH
Novi vs Northville
Novi Detroit Catholic Central vs NORTH FARMINGTON
Novi Detroit Catholic Central/NORTH FARMINGTON vs OAK PARK

INSIGHT: You have four State Powerhouses in this district in Novi, Livonia Stevenson, Novi Detroit Catholic Central, and Northville. Novi and Northville will meet in the pre-district round so one of them will be out. The best OAA school that could spoil things is North Farmington, whom won the White this season but they have to play the Shamrocks which will be a tough task. Southfield Arts and Tech could put up a fight in this district but they will have to run into Novi or Northville. Oak Park has no chance in this district.

PREDICTION: I like Northville to come out of this district. I think they will beat Novi and then they beat whoever comes out of the Southfield Arts and Tech and Livonia Stevenson matchup. I think Novi Detroit Catholic Central defeats North Farmington and Oak Park. I think the Mustangs move on to the regional at Novi.

District 9 @ Groves

SEAHOLM vs TROY
Birmingham Brother Rice vs TROY ATHENS
BERKLEY vs GROVES
ROYAL OAK vs BLOOMFIELD HILLS

INSIGHT: This district will be very competitive when you look at the teams that are here. The favorite has to be Troy Athens. The Red Hawks are a tough out for anyone and could pose a big time threat to get back to the State Finals. Troy could threaten along with Seaholm, Groves, Royal Oak, and Bloomfield Hills but the Red Hawks are the favorite.

PREDICTION: I like Troy Athens to win this district over Groves. I think the Falcons will have no problem with the Bears. Royal Oak beat Bloomfield Hills 2-0 in the regular season and could do so again. I think Seaholm beats Troy but loses to Troy Athens whom will beat Birmingham Brother Rice. The Red Hawks should move onto the regional final at Bloomfield Hills.

District 13 @ Rochester

ROCHESTER vs Waterford Mott
STONEY CREEK vs ORION
OXFORD vs Waterford Kettering
CLARKSTON vs ADAMS

INSIGHT: This is a district in which there are two powerhouse teams in Adams and Rochester but Stoney Creek, Orion, and Clarkston will have strong says whom comes out of this district. I think this district will be highly competitive with some quality teams in this district.

PREDICTION: I like Adams to come out of this district. I think Rochester, Stoney Creek, and Orion are evenly matched teams. Clarkston and Adams will be a battle but I think the Highlanders survive the Wolves and should get by Oxford with ease. This could be an all Rochester final with Adams advancing to the regional at Atwood Stadium.

District 14 @ Walled Lake Central

Walled Lake Western vs WEST BLOOMFIELD
Hartland vs White Lake Lakeland
Milford vs Walled Lake Central
Milford/Walled Lake Central vs Walled Lake Northern

INSIGHT: This will be a tough district for West Bloomfield but a winnable district. Walled Lake Central is very good along with Walled Lake Northern and Milford. This will be a tough chore for the Lakers after a tough season in the White.

PREDICTION: I think Walled Lake Northern moves on in this district but West Bloomfield will do wonders in this district and make the district final but the Knights will be too much for the Lakers. Walled Lake Northern will go to Atwood Stadium.

District 23 @ Hazel Park

St. Clair Shores South Lake vs Center Line
Hamtramck vs HAZEL PARK
Warren Woods Tower vs Warren Fitzgerald
Warren Woods Tower/Warren Fitzgerald vs Eastpointe

INSIGHT: This district isn’t the strongest but if you have to look at a favorite there is Warren Fitzgerald or Hamtramck. Hazel Park does host the district but they have not had a great season in the Blue. Warren Woods Tower is a darkhorse.

PREDICTION: I like the Spartans to beat Hamtramck and move on to the regional at Farmington. I don’t think Hazel Park has a chance in this district.

District 24 @ Harrison

HARRISON vs FARMINGTON
Madison Heights Lamphere vs AVONDALE
Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood vs FERNDALE
Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood/FERNDALE vs Orchard Lake St. Marys

INSIGHT: This is an interesting district with two State ranked teams possibly meeting in the district semifinals between Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood meeting Orchard Lake St. Marys. Avondale has had a rough year in the Red while Farmington whom won the Blue has a shot at getting to the district final. Harrison has also been solid even though this sets up to be a rematch of a 2-0 Falcons win. This will be a fun district to keep an eye on.

PREDICTION: I think whomever wins the Harrison/Farmington matchup will get to the district final but they will run into Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood and at the end of the day it will be the Cranes that move onto the regional at Farmington.

District 31 @ Brandon

Marysville vs North Branch
Croswell-Lexington vs St. Clair
PONTIAC vs Armada
Pontiac Notre Dame Prep vs Brandon

INSIGHT: This district has one state ranked team in Brandon but there are several teams that could be strong darkhorses when you look at Pontiac Notre Dame Prep and Marysville. It will be interesting to see if anyone but Brandon doesn’t come out of this district.

PREDICITION: I like Brandon to come out of this district. I don’t think Pontiac will contend in this district. I think it will be Marysville taking on Brandon in this final with the Blackhawks moving on to East Lansing.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.