Monday, October 23, 2017

Boys Soccer Regional Preview.

Written Monday October 23rd at 8:10 PM
Updated to Included Hamtramck forfeit, Tuesday October 24th at 12:00 AM

Region Four @ Atwood Stadium

Rochester vs Walled Lake Central

This is an interesting matchup for the Falcons as they head into Genesee County and legendary Flint Atwood Stadium take on the Vikings of Walled Lake Central. Rochester is rolling but a difficult matchup with the Vikings loom. If the Falcons win this game then they will have to see either Grand Blanc or Midland Dow. Both of those teams are solid teams. It won’t be an easy regional in Flint.

Region Three @ Bloomfield Hills

Troy vs Grosse Pointe South

The Colts won a really tough district at Groves and is riding a ton of momentum right now. Troy will take on a Grosse Pointe South team that won an interesting district. The Blue Devils are improving so this will be a dangerous matchup for the Colts. The winner of this game will take on either Sterling Heights Stevenson or Utica Eisenhower. This regional is made for Troy to go far and deep into the playoffs.

Region Six @ Farmington

Harrison vs Gibraltar Carlson/Dearborn Divine Child

The Hawks shocked the soccer world by winning the district final at home 1-0 over Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood. They were supposed to play Hamtramck but the Cosmos violated MHSAA rules that stated in Section Seven regarding academic conduct was violated because they used an ineligible player. It was determined that there was academic misconduct that occurred in the soccer program along with their football program which was 7-2 at the time. As a result the Cosmos were forced to forfeit not only their whole football season but also a chance to play soccer in the regional. Harrison will not play on Tuesday and will move on to the regional final on Thursday to play either Dearborn Divine Child or Gibraltar Carlson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.