Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Groves Names New Girls Basketball Coach.

Written Wednesday July 5th at 9:10 PM
Updated Saturday July 8th at 1:00 AM

Groves has their new Girls Basketball Coach and its someone familiar with the OAA.

Citing an accurate source the Falcons named Jessica Wiesler as their next coach replacing Amos Thompson whom stepped down in April. Thompson led Groves to a 18-2 record last season.

Wiesler has a ton of coaching experience, she coached at Hazel Park until 2015 and spent one season as an assistant at Grosse Pointe South before coming back to the OAA.

The Falcons have had a rough offseason losing not only Thompson but also Shea Carter as she transferred to North Carolina. Groves will have Kayla Nelson, Lauren Palmer, Jasmine Worthy, and Emilie Fox back this upcoming season.

Groves will play in the White this season with Royal Oak, Oxford, Seaholm, Troy, Troy Athens, Rochester, and West Bloomfield. This is a basketball team that could contend but you got to give an edge to the Ravens in this division. 

The Falcons are in a very brutal district at Farmington Hills Mercy with powerhouses Southfield Arts and Tech, North Farmington, and Farmington Hills Mercy, along with Harrison, and Farmington.

Thoughts.

This is an interesting hire, Wiesler brings a different component of the game to Groves.

For Wiesler this is a different situation then she was at Hazel Park. It’s a fresh start for her and her new program. Wiesler is a much different coach then Thompson as mentioned with the structure of the program

However, with that said there is pressure over at Groves to win. This is a program that won 18 games but they were upset by Seaholm in the pre-district last season.

It will be interesting to see what happens over in Beverly Hills, we shall see what happens.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.