Friday, September 23, 2016

Falcons awarded forfeit win over Walled Lake Western because of ineligable player.

Written Friday September 23rd at 10:30 AM

Well the Farmington Falcons have had a miserable season so far getting blown out by Harrison, Oak Park, and losing a heartbreaker to Seaholm last week.

Well the Falcons got something they needed before even stepping on to the football field on Friday night against Oxford.

A Win.

Farmington was awarded a 1-0 forfeit win over State power Walled Lake Western because the Warriors used an ineligible player in the game. The MHSAA website listed coach John Bechtel's Falcons as the winners of the game. Walled Lake Western won 41-14 over Farmington at Michigan Stadium earlier in the season.

The Falcons Athletic Department got an email from the MHSAA informing them that they got credit for the win over the Warriors. Farmington players started going to social media discussing the matter.

It is Walled Lake Western's first regular season loss since 2014.

This is the second time an OAA team was given a win via forfeit due to ineligibility. Groves was given their week one win over West Bloomfield after the Lakers beat them 31-28 in overtime at West Bloomfield but the Lakers played an ineligible player which gave the Falcons the win.

The Farmington Falcons now sit at 1-3 heading into their match with the Wildcats who is also 1-3.

Here is the podcast this week with the first segment involving Farmington and football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQyswLJITp4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.