Friday, April 1, 2016

Volleyball Divisions in 2016.

Written Friday April 1st at 12:55 PM

Red:

Orion
Seaholm
Stoney Creek
Clarkston
Bloomfield Hills
Oxford
Harrison
West Bloomfield

Early Thoughts: Clarkston has to be the early favorite because of experience and they have a clean slate to start the season. Orion, Seaholm, Bloomfield Hills, and Oxford will compete for a division crown. Harrison and West Bloomfield returns some talent but the move from the White to the Red will be a difficult challenge for both teams. The Wildcats return the balk of their team from last season while the Dragons and Maples have to replace a lot of talent that graduated but still have strong programs. The Cougars have a new coach in Ross Talbott but they too lost a ton of talent to graduation.

White:

Adams
North Farmington
Royal Oak
Avondale
Groves
Troy
Farmington
Troy Athens

Early Thoughts: When looking at this division it's wide open, any team could win it but if you have to go with an early favorite, it's got to be Troy. The Colts come down from the Red and returns a solid core of players but you can't count out their rival Troy Athens. The Red Hawks return some experience as well. Adams is a team that went through a tough transition a season ago comes down to the White from the Red while North Farmington, whom won the Blue last season and Farmington had strong seasons and bring back experience as well. Groves is also solid as well. Royal Oak will struggle this season. There could be four or five teams that have a strong shot at winning the crown this season.

Blue:

Southfield A&T
Pontiac
Berkley
Hazel Park
Oak Park
Rochester
Ferndale

Early Thoughts: The favorite in this division is Rochester whom moved down from the White to the Blue. The Falcons are the most consistent team of the bunch though the new Southfield squad could give them a run at the crown this season. Berkley lost a ton of talent, Oak Park lost some talent from a season ago while Ferndale whom won a district crown could struggle this season playing Class A schools along with Hazel Park. Pontiac will struggle this season as well but right now this division could be colored in Royal Blue and White.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.